Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct safe or not?

Options
  • 28-02-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi the guy who i bought my car off rings me today a month later after buying it and asks could i do him a favour and meet up with him one day and give him my nct cause hes in court cause a while back they said he didnt have it and he needs it to prove that he did have it?

Is this in any way dodgy or do you think its genuine.

the bloke is sound and i trust him but i just dont see why he ectualy needs the nct from the car?

any help please
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Had you not the cert in the window of the car??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

The certificate should have been supplied with the reg documents.The new owner is entitled to them.

No issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Guys the OP bought the car, not sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭will1569reptile

But i am the new owner?

for instance what if he took the nct thing and iddnt give it back to me for some strange reason? what do i do then?

im just being werey cause ive never heard of it before like i will be giving him it i just want to know can anyting bad happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

Jumpy wrote: »
    Guys the OP bought the car, not sold it.

oops:rolleyes:

Make sure you get them back afterwards.
    I still don't see an issue though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

give him a copy and a letter to the court explaining that you now own the car,.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

He was probably done for not displaying the disc but now need to prove the car had an nct.
    You can lend him the actual document, not the disc. The document should have everything on it, dates etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

so long as he isn't in court involving crashing the car or something like that I wouldn't be worried really

Dont give the disc from the window or if you get stopped at a checkpoint or whatnot without it you'll be asked for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sign a photocopy to give to him, don't give him the original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

cml387 wrote: »
    oops:rolleyes:

Make sure you get them back afterwards.
    I still don't see an issue though.

I am a bit slow on the uptake too..:o I cannot see anything wrong here either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Worst case scenario and he doesn't return it, you just get a replacement NCT cert for a tenner or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

how long is it nct'd for? was is nct'd when you bought it. he may have had no nct at all and could possibly use yours as his

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

The NCT test date is on the cert so it does not help him if it was out when he got caught

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I dont see a scam really. I guess you could meet him the day of the court and get it back straight after.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭will1569reptile

MacGyver wrote: »
    how long is it nct'd for? was is nct'd when you bought it. he may have had no nct at all and could possibly use yours as his
    spcw wrote: »
    The NCT test date is on the cert so it does not help him if it was out when he got caught

Nah i bought car with nct.I think he just failed to display it and he only got a court date now cause his appealing it.

so he just needs it for proff thank you all for quick replys my head is settled now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Perhaps he could request a replacement document using form RF134,
    or for a similar price he could arrange for a Commissioner for Oaths to certify a copy of the cert as admissible evidence in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

He's no longer the registered owner though, in case that makes a difference. I'd have no problems giving the previous owner back the cert. It's dead easy to get a replacement if he doesn't return it - and the odds are that you wouldn't even need to produce the cert to anyone before its next test anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭Esel

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Had you not the cert in the window of the car??
    Cert tends to block the view.... :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement