Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1080p, 22-28inch, saorview compatible telly?

Options
  • 28-02-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Had a search and couldn't find one related to what I'm looking for!

Price range would be 200-250 I guess. I found this one http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-11-P22F11 , does anyone know if that brand is reliable? They seem to have the same tv on their own website listed as HD Ready :-/

Anyone have any suggestions as to more reputable brands, or slightly bigger? Or even where to look!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

MJRS wrote: »
    Had a search and couldn't find one related to what I'm looking for!

Price range would be 200-250 I guess. I found this one http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-11-P22F11 , does anyone know if that brand is reliable? They seem to have the same tv on their own website listed as HD Ready :-/

Anyone have any suggestions as to more reputable brands, or slightly bigger? Or even where to look!

Thanks

Best bet is to ask over on the Terrestrial forum to be sure
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

I don't think you need 1080p for anything under 32inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

I know, I've tried explain that to the family but they're convinced it'll be worth it! Meh, their money. It's my own fault for explaining HD ready didn't mean full HD..

I'll check out that forum, thanks man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I know, I've tried explain that to the family but they're convinced it'll be worth it! Meh, their money. It's my own fault for explaining HD ready didn't mean full HD..

I'll check out that forum, thanks man!

If you tell them how much a blueray player is going to cost them to actually see 1080p they might change their tune.

You need to be careful with the smaller ones a lot of them have TN panels and are more like a bad computer monitor with a tuner viewing angle will mean the the whole family will need to cram into the middle of the couch preferably on each others laps to see the picture,

Tesco had a 22" toshiba for 189.99 lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

paddyp wrote: »
    If you tell them how much a blueray player is going to cost them to actually see 1080p they might change their tune.

You need to be careful with the smaller ones a lot of them have TN panels and are more like a bad computer monitor with a tuner viewing angle will mean the the whole family will need to cram into the middle of the couch preferably on each others laps to see the picture,

Tesco had a 22" toshiba for 189.99 lately.
    Would a laptop connected by HDMI or one of those media player things not do the trick for playing 1080p? I thought they would but I'm open to correction!

I'll keep a lookout at the tesco offers, they're usually great!

• Advertisement

Would a laptop connected by HDMI or one of those media player things not do the trick for playing 1080p? I thought they would but I'm open to correction!

I'll keep a lookout at the tesco offers, they're usually great!
    They will if there spec is up to it. You need a good graphics card in a lappy to display 1080p properly without it hitting a crazy temperature.

paddyp wrote: »
    There actually pretty cheap now.
    LG BD550 Blu-Ray Player

by LG Electronics

Price: £69.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

In stock.
    Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

Want guaranteed delivery by Wednesday, March 2? Order it in the next 14 hours and 31 minutes, and choose Express delivery at checkout.

Advertisement