Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Archives

• 28-02-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, I just courious of how, when and who built things in waterford.
    I dont know where to go, but I was taking some Photos of the Quay yesturday and was wondering who built them.
    I like to try date as far back as possible maybe to the 1600. Does anyone know where I can get this information?
    The city council dont seem to do it. so I thought maybe there is someone here that has a similar hobby.
    Thanks for your time :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,689 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is a Waterford Archives office in High Street, though you need to know what you are asking and phone to make an appointment. There is some excellent information in the reference library in Lady Lane, that would probably be your best start. Off hand, I don't think there are any buildings on the quays that go back much before the 1800s, other than Reginalds Tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Waterford City Archives,
    High Street,
    Waterford.
    051-843123 | Donal Moore
    archives@waterfordcity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buddah Bear

Ok thanks guys!
    gonna look them both up soon

Advertisement