Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen laptop

Options
  • 28-02-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    My brother had his laptop stolen in UCD in the chemistry building between 4-5:30 in the afternoon today. It was a Toshiba satellite l650 with white casing. It was with its charger and a sealed documentation folder in a laptop bag and Toshiba. If anyone was around lab 202 around this time or saw someone around UCD who was acting odd with a laptop bag I would be much obliged if you could help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I am not sure where lab202 is but a suspicious individual had been approached by staff in the Health Sciences Centre during last week. He was in one of the 2nd floor labs where some students left their laptops and mobile phones openly on the tables without anyone being inside the labs to look after them. These are the clinical skills labs and they aren't locked.

The guy was approached and extremely shifty and disappeared quickly. There wasn't even time to check his student card but staff are now more likely than not to ask randomly for your student ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Lab202 is in the new doors and up 2 flights of stairs.

Sorry to hear about the laptop, I always stick my stuff in my locker before labs because stuff is always getting stolen from outside, especially now the baskety rack things are gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

TV stolen off the wall of the Geography department the night before last. Must be a few people 'snooping' around campus during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Sorry to hear about your loss. Keep an eye on DoneDeal etc. As its white it should be fairly obvious.

Bit late now but this: http://www.gadgettrak.com/ and if you use MacOS: http://www.orbicule.com/undercover/ are extremely good. I have both on my machine. Under test conditions, I couldn't get a good location fix, but even photos are a bonus.

Advertisement