Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband interfering with TV signal.

• 28-02-2011 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

I just set up my UPC broadband with a splitter that has TV on one and BB on the other. Problem is if I do anything on the internet the TV signal just stops and chugs along. Also it's meant to be 20meg but all I'm getting is 6.4.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DELTATIP

you should have another spliter 1 for the modem and one going to the cable box -you dont say if have you have both or failing to mention if you have a booster spliter

thats what i have but im no expert best of luck with this -give upc a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've installed it exactly as in the instruction book with the equipment provided. After changing the cables around and back again, i'm getting no internet at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

If you've connected the split correctly,then the split itself is faulty. Isolation between the two outputs is knackered. Not a common fault but it does happen.
    Is your speed result wired or wireless?

It's wireless. I have another splitter I could try. It's a bit odd that there's no internet connection at all now.

Try the other splitter once it's of a similar type. What lights on the modem are on solid?

• Advertisement

Power, DS, and Wireless link

Connect the modem directly to the outlet on the wall,by-pass the split altogether. See if the US(upstream) light goes solid.

I connected it directly without the splitter and it was exactly the same, so it's not the splitter. It connected earlier on and was at full speed, but less than 2 minutes later it was gone and hasn't come back.

Terrible.

Best give UPC a call so. If the US light isn't going solid then it's possible there could be a return path issue somewhere.

Will do. Paying for Tv, internet and phone. Not getting the last two at all, yet obviously got a bill for them in the post.

God Damnit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement