Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorstorm Apocalypse!

Options
  • 28-02-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Hey,

There has been so far little or no talk about the new upcoming Motorstorm title.. I just seen today that it is due out on the 18th March I think... What you guys think it will be like? I have 90euro to spend in GAME so I may just pick it up.. I didnt think it was due out for another few months at least.. I must also pick up the previous 2 games just so I have them all..

Going to check at some videos and will make my decision when the game is out.. But this seems like its going to be an awesome game.. Where is the hype?.. Was Motorstorm Pacific Rift a failure or what?.. The first Motorstorm was led to be an awesome game but I rarely played it due to Resistance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

It looks awesome! Haven't been interested in any MS since the original, but after watching some of the dev diaries i'm really considering picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

It looks awesome! Haven't been interested in any MS since the original, but after watching some of the dev diaries i'm really considering picking it up.

Same here the first one was great, mostly played online but that was short lived due to Resistance. Never bothered to get the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I must also pick up the previous 2 games just so I have them all..

Why would you do that? I can understand wanting previous games in a franchise in some genres but it's rare that a new racing game would motivate me to buy its 'old tech' prequels. :confused:

Regardless, I hope you enjoy 'rubber-banding' (in the first 2 games, at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I played a preview of this last year and it's a hell of a lot of fun. Very like Split Second, in that there always seems to be things happening around you. The maps a re a bit confusing at times and sometimes your way is obscured my debris or dust, andyou're left with no idea where to go. But like all race games, once you learn the track it's easy enough to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I found the first Motorstorm game extremely hard. I never really got that far into it but I did enjoy it. I have the second one but haven't touched it. I got it very cheap last year but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Played the sh1t out the first and really got into the online of the 2nd one. Too many bloody games to play at the moment, will probably pick this up next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Fnz wrote: »
    Why would you do that? I can understand wanting previous games in a franchise in some genres but it's rare that a new racing game would motivate me to buy its 'old tech' prequels. :confused:

Regardless, I hope you enjoy 'rubber-banding' (in the first 2 games, at least).

Haha yeah I suppose your right :p.. But wouldn't mind the 2nd one for trophies.. I want to have all 3 of MS, Resistance and Killzone :p

Anyways Bubs already has the full game.. I forget his username here though.. I think I shall pick this up, would seriously love a 3D TV for it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Haha yeah I suppose your right :p.. But wouldn't mind the 2nd one for trophies.. I want to have all 3 of MS, Resistance and Killzone :p

Anyways Bubs already has the full game.. I forget his username here though.. I think I shall pick this up, would seriously love a 3D TV for it though :(

I cant talk about it until the 9th ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just got an invite for the beta for this :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

what date is this coming out?

• Advertisement

Think its out the 18th or 25th but this month anyway.

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    what date is this coming out?
    I think it's the 18th, here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

get your disappointment hat on sir

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I cant talk about it until the 9th ;)

Hehe.. Ahh now I know who bubs is now at least :L... I am bad with names ha.. Yeah no worries.. I think I may pick it up or keep money for 3DS but I dont know..

Helix wrote: »
    get your disappointment hat on sir

Worse than the first 2?

Worse than the first 2?
    It's not really that much like the first two, to be honest. And it's not the greatest racing game in the world, but it is fun, especially when playing with a load of mates. It wouldn't be like GT or Test Drive Unlimited, where you invest a lot of time progressing through it.

Worse than the first 2?

the first one was terrible, second one was great

Hmm i loved the first one, but then again it was only the second PS3 game i had played after Resistance....

Helix wrote: »
    the first one was terrible, second one was great

I loved the first one, it was my 1st ps3 game.

I always thought fans considered the first very good and the second pretty poor ! Never played much of either so cant compare.

• Advertisement

always thought the first one was very undefined. it was big, it was dull and it was messy, but it set the groundwork for a much improved second

so whats so bad about the new one?

Can finally talk about it, found it ok. I didnt play the others so ive no real point of reference. Enjoyed some of it but got fairly frustrated with all the crashing, you would hit a tiny kerb and your car would fall apart. Also found that it was quicker to crash and respawn than to slam on the breaks and try not to crash on corners and its not very balanced when a lorry is racing a bike for example both are fairly close speed wise but of course all the trucks just smash through everything.

Anyway full review is here gave it 78% enjoyable for fans but racing purists will just get annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice one Grumpy!

The gaming liberty did give it 9/10 and they seemed to be fans of the first two, thinks its very much a case of if you liked 1 & 2 you will like this if you didnt like 1&2 then you ll feel the same about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Motorstorm Live event will be streaming live from 6:30pm on the Playstation Blog this evening. Will post a link when one becomes available. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Just playing the demo now and I remember what I use to love about the second one. The music! Rallying down the tracks with some Drum & Bass or Dubstep song in the background really adds to it. Maybe it's just me though :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played the demo and thought it just felt like a slightly better looking but much less interactive version of Split/Second. The track changes were confusing, the camera occasionally directing you towards what looked like openings but actually weren't. Looks nice, but in taking away the tactical side of Split/Second - actually getting to control the explosions - it feels like a weak copy of a better game.

Plus, you crash/explode way too easily!

Hmm, just played the demo and i have to say i really really like it. The repsawning makes it way too easy though, i could tell myself that i won't use it, i'll do an accidental u-turn and get back on track myself, but i know i wouldn't... SELECT!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Anyone looking forward to this coming out on friday could be in with a wait as Sony is saying a decision to delay the game is "under discussion". They have already postponed it in Japan and NZ for obvious reasons. Serious bad luck for Sony and the developers to come out with a game about earthquakes as this time.

Advertisement