Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorstorm Apocalypse!

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hey guys,

Unfortunately the game has indeed been delayed. New release date of April 1st.

Statement from Sony:

"We are shocked and saddened to see the impact of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and our thoughts are with all those affected, including our colleagues within the Sony family, living and working throughout Japan," Sony said.

"We are very conscious of the parallels between these events and the underlying theme in MotorStorm and are doing everything we can to be as sensitive as possible to the situation.
    "Although the game itself is already in distribution, we are ceasing any further shipments and removing as much of the marketing materials as possible."

I personally think they are right to delay it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep all the game companies are showing a bit of moral backbone in the face of the disaster. A respectful delay is welcome for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Copies were already delivered to my store, they're not in the chart though, must have been a last minute decision

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

ShaneU wrote: »
    Delayed, really? There's copies in my store

(Quoted before your ninja edit)

It seems that Tesco have been less than effective in implementing the delayed release. Most game stores in the country have the stock sitting there and are respecting the reasons behind the delay. If Tesco continue to sell it though who knows ....

The game isn't on sale in my store either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

It has been reported elsewhere on the board that Tesco are selling the game. I understood your initial post as saying they were on sale in your store too.

Nope, maybe other stores are selling it I don't know. I edited it because the way I had worded it before made it seem that they were on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

HMV cork have it for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Tesco Nutgrove also have it for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Tesco Nutgrove also have it for sale.

Really? Sony sent out a message to all stores telling them that they were holding off on the release and that they would inform all of a new release date. As of yesterday, there still wasn't a date announced.

• Advertisement

Notorious wrote: »
    Really? Sony sent out a message to all stores telling them that they were holding off on the release and that they would inform all of a new release date. As of yesterday, there still wasn't a date announced.
    I mentioned it to a staff member when I was down there.
    http://img839.imageshack.us/i/imag0212ml.jpg/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Official release date is 31st March as far as i know.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Official release date is 31st March as far as i know.

Can confirm that offical date is 31st March but the fact that Tesco are openly selling it may mean everyone will now.

Can confirm that offical date is 31st March but the fact that Tesco are openly selling it may mean everyone will now.
    I'm fairly certain it was a mistake in this one store. I'd imagine the staff member took it off the shelf asap, but I didnt stay around to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Got my copy today, 2 patches to download, 200mb and 130mb........
    http://twitpic.com/4ee0rj

*oh wow it's fúcking awesome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Played it today in the office. The 4 player split screen left a bit to be desired in my opinon. A bit of a let down.

Maybe the actual one player is good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'm not a fan of this game. There's no weight to the vehicles anymore, it's really easy to crash and get destroyed. I agree with Johnny Ultimate, it seems they tried to make it like Split/Second (with the route changers) but the result isn't as good. I wouldn't go as far as saying they've ruined the game but it's a fairly large step back in my opinion.

Just back from playing the 4 player again with collegues.

It's incredibly frustrating to play

- The smallest object stops the car still.
    - The physics are absolutely awful. (The car spins for no reason)
    - Sometimes it's impossible to know where to go. You have no choice but to commit suicide or hit a wall.
    - The respawning is bad. Sometimes you have to press X and sometimes you have to press select. You shouldn't have to press anything as it's quite obvious you will want to press to respawn.
    - The actual menu system of the game is not intuitive one bit. Took us for ever to get a game started.

Anyways back to Blur for us again I think, that is a fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Just back from playing the 4 player again with collegues.

It's incredibly frustrating to play

- The smallest object stops the car still.
    - The physics are absolutely awful. (The car spins for no reason)
    - Sometimes it's impossible to know where to go. You have no choice but to commit suicide or hit a wall.
    - The respawning is bad. Sometimes you have to press X and sometimes you have to press select. You shouldn't have to press anything as it's quite obvious you will want to press to respawn.
    - The actual menu system of the game is not intuitive one bit. Took us for ever to get a game started.

4 Player split screen makes it too small to see whats coming i think.
    And i agree with the point about Split Second, the game is hard enough to memorize some of the tracks without changing it occasionally...

eddhorse wrote: »
    4 Player split screen makes it too small to see whats coming i think.
    And i agree with the point about Split Second, the game is hard enough to memorize some of the tracks without changing it occasionally...
    Yeah but we have a huge TV. I'm sure the one player would be much better though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I only played 2-4 player split screen on this in the past. Today I thought I'd give the single player a shot, since PSN is down and I'm exploring.

WOW. The difference. You can see things! The environment crumbles and explodes much differenly, not least in slow motion, which wouldn't be an option in multiplayer.

This game is seriously good.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I only played 2-4 player split screen on this in the past. Today I thought I'd give the single player a shot, since PSN is down and I'm exploring.

WOW. The difference. You can see things! The environment crumbles and explodes much differenly, not least in slow motion, which wouldn't be an option in multiplayer.

This game is seriously good.
    I must give it a chance so in single player mode :)

Everything you said about split screen is right, though. I cracked this game out with 3 mates and it was horrendous. I'm pretty sure a paper bag toppled my bike at one stage.

You'll see the same tracks as multiplayer in single player and think "Oh now this makes sense!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Crashing out from hitting a sweet wrapper was always Motorstorm's biggest flaw. I thought they had fixed it up this time.

Hasn't been a problem in Single Player so far, really. Maybe I got good at the game in Split Screen, and having a whole screen to myself now just makes me better at not hitting anything.

Can't wait to give it a go online... whenever... you know...

Advertisement