Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many PC Gamers here ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

hal9000 wrote: »
    I have the sidewinder X6 keybboard, cant fault it, but its a bit pricey
    http://reviews.cnet.com/keyboards/microsoft-sidewinder-x6-keyboard/4505-3134_7-33238269.html

On the other end of the scale, a £10 logitech keyboard does me just fine!

I'm not really playing any current releases at the moment, but there are some potentially great games coming up in the very near future (DNF, Crysis 2, Portal 2 and Witcher 2 are top of my list)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The real fun is in picking a mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have the sidewinder X6 keybboard, cant fault it, but its a bit pricey
    http://reviews.cnet.com/keyboards/microsoft-sidewinder-x6-keyboard/4505-3134_7-33238269.html
    Bought that http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-AGB-00006-Sidewinder-X6-Keyboard/dp/B001DC9TB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=computers&qid=1298989070&sr=8-1
    looks good
    Drakar wrote: »
    The real fun is in picking a mouse.

I have that sorted, got myself the logitech MX518 last week and with that I got a SteelSeries Surface QcK mousepad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah the PC fanboys trot that line out a lot but if you look at a lot of PC only titles very few are MASSIVE technological leaps above PS3 and 360. hell, very few even approach the likes of Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 graphically. only PC exclusive I see breakign the mould to surpass console in the near future is The Witcher 2.

And yet Crysis, a game that came out a few months after the PS3 was released looks and is technologically a massive leap over anything on the consoles and Killzone 3 and Uncharted 2 don't even come close. The PC is being held back since it's getting console ports and developers don't bother updating the textures, geometry or shaders to bring to even challenge a mid spec PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Headshot wrote: »

Did you get the US layout as in the link or the UK version?

Edit: Ignore above statement I think its the UK version on amazon

• Advertisement

Did you get the US layout as in the link or the UK version?

Edit: Ignore above statement I think its the UK version on amazon

it doesnt give you much info on it, doesnt it

im not sure about it myself tbh, I canceled the order just incase because i ****ed up the last keyboard i bought ie buying German layout so I rather not
    happen again

edit investigating some more I found this
    Main Specifications
    Product Description: Microsoft SideWinder X6 - keyboard
    Device Type: Keyboard
    Dimensions (WxDxH): 51.3 cm x 23.4 cm x 4.6 cm
    Weight: 1.3 kg
    Connectivity Technology: Wired - USB
    Keys Qty: 104
    Key/Button Function: Multimedia, programmable, calculator, volume, mute, macros buttons, macro record button
    Features: Palm rest, backlit, detachable keypad, Cruise Control, two-colour adjustable backlighting, automatic profile switching
    Cables Included: 1 x USB cable - integrated
    OS Required: Microsoft Windows Vista / XP
    Microsoft Certification: Certified for Windows Vista
    Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty

so its english layout and ill be reordering that again

good call man nothing worse that looking at your keyboard and going where the hell is the "any key" :pac:

you know what im also thinking of getting

It a bit mad on my part I think

Logitech G930

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Keyboards are a wasted product. I get the same use and benefit from my G15 as I did my old Dell one

For game

- Fallout 3 / New Vegas
    - Left4Dead2
    - Team Fortress 2
    - Half Life 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What graphics card you getting?

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Keyboards are a wasted product. I get the same use and benefit from my G15 as I did my old Dell one

Fair enough; the reason i got mine was due to limited space and having the option of removing the number pad allowed more room for the mouse and mouse pad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ergonomic management keyboard baby ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I tend to buy cheap keyboards and rip the ones out I dont need for certain games.

What graphics card you getting?

this is what im getting
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70836179&postcount=83

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks sweet,good price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Depends what you play. Being able to run 64 different 25 action fully conditionable scripts is helpful to me in some games. If all you're going to play is fps then obviously you don't need that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

If you're planning on getting Arma 2, make sure you get Operation Arrowhead the expansion with it. I love playing Arma as its the most realistic tactical military shooter out there at the moment. Only reason I'm not playing it now is because my PC is in a heap in the corner of my room without a desk to play on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

it doesnt give you much info on it, doesnt it

im not sure about it myself tbh, I canceled the order just incase because i ****ed up the last keyboard i bought ie buying German layout so I rather not
    happen again

edit investigating some more I found this

so its english layout and ill be reordering that again
    Read the 1 star reviews. Seems while it says it's localized for the Uk, people are being shipped US models. Just so you know.

Nevore wrote: »
    Read the 1 star reviews. Seems while it says it's localized for the Uk, people are being shipped US models. Just so you know.

Looks like another cancel is on the way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Elessar wrote: »
    Hmm I might just be tempted to buy it, just to see what all the fuss is...

Are there any servers you would recommend for newbs like me? (or anyone else looking to get it)

Sorry for late amswer, there is minecraft forum in games section. Tallons server is now very impresive. Have look there. Lads are nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I've just bought Arma 2 :)

Trouble is, there's some problem with the transaction, Paypal have sent the money but it's still showing up as pending and I can't start the downloads yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

You should definitely get mass effect 2. One of my favourite PC games :D

ugh I just got my new pc up and going and popped in the cod game and gutted to learn it was used and the product code is useless

the adverts seller will be getting an ear full

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Just checked out Arma 2 on youtube. It looks like a class game and I doubt the consoles would eb able to handle it.

Battlefield 3 will be out later this year on the consoles and PC. It has a new engine and looks very good. I think the buildings will be 100% destructable which should be great fun. I'd say the COD series could have a challenger if COD continues to plod along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

ugh I just got my new pc up and going and popped in the cod game and gutted to learn it was used and the product code is useless

the adverts seller will be getting an ear full

The first rule about buying second hand games on the PC that require any form of online activation is don't do it.

This is especially important for those of you transferring from the consoles where second hands games were probably the norm.

well I played crysis 2 multi player there ( I should say tried to play)

Bloody hell I really need alot of practice with the keyboard

On the other hand the graphics were right good on 1920x1080

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

You've now moved up and will be experiencing gaming at the top level, welcome.

Any of your mates PC gamers? PC excels at online gaming. If your unlucky enough to not have any of your mates on PC the clan/guild option works well depending on the games your looking to play.

BF3 will really be a big one when that comes out. Online multiplayer in BF2 is still leagues ahead of whats offered on consoles currently. But bf2 is pretty old at this stage.

The ArmA series is brilliant, very advanced game though and I imagine would be a big shotgun to the face for a brand new pc gamer to try out. Its a simulator , wouldn't really be like anything else but theres a good irish community going so I suggest joining them rather then trying to take on the game on your own. You'll probably get overwhelmed and frustrated otherwise.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Spear wrote: »
    Windows 7 Service Pack 1 was out only last Tuesday so may not be pre-installed.

I'm confused here. Service Pack 1 came out last year iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

mewso wrote: »
    I'm confused here. Service Pack 1 came out last year iirc.

nope that was only a RC with a version number of 6.1.7601.17105

the RTM was officially released on February 16th with a version number of 6.1.7601.17514.101119-1850

• Advertisement

So about this product code, is there a way for the seller to get this code back ?

Does he have to delete his steam account or somthing ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement