Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th Birthday Venue Ideas?

Options
  • 28-02-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi, I know this has been posted before but the thread was short and not great.

Anyway I'm looking to have a surprise 18th for a friend. Anyone know of any free or moderately cheap function rooms in the city or nearish the Santry area? (besides the Cat and Cage, hate the place). Somewhere where under 18's could get in but not drink would be great but over 18's would be ok also.

Ideas for things other than a function room extremely welcome! :pac:

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Very hard to get anywhere to host an 18th... reason is alot of under aged people sneeking drink into them lol.

Do you know any Barmen or Lounge staff ? They might be able to ask the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Yeah, that seems to be the main problem. I was thinking even a community centre but they probably would feel the same way :S

Don't really know any bar staff (except for ones that work in a bar I got fired from...). Would be handy though :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Anyone? :(

Gonna be one sad birthday boy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tolka Park rent out the bar in there for 18ths afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Local Gaa or football club usually works well, rent out the bar so you have drinks and people who are under-18 will still get in no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Don't tell them it's an 18th birthday party when you book, although they may kick you out if they find out it's an 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Now this is might not sound great but theirs a sports and social club on Richmond Road I think? You could try them? They're mad for business I hear! Also..The Cat just got refurbished..It's not great but still!!

Advertisement