Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I do Nursing

Options
  • 28-02-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Should I do Nursing please help?
    Do they get good money Well enough to Travel
    and get a job in other part of the world.

Do they make enough to make them happy

I would some day love to go to medical school but due to my situation at the moment its not an option, would a few years as a nurse help that or worsen it.

Help in terms of doing to exam for med school might be a little easier for me
    Harder in terms of i'll know nothing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

You can get jobs abroad yes :)

well honestly, do they make enough to make them happy is a difficult question. It depends on whether they like the job or not. There are some nurses out there that hate their job and show it clearly (which really isn't great especially when dealing with patients on a daily basis). While there are other who love their job as a nurse and as long as they get paid enough to pay the bills and such, it's fine. My mam's a nurse and she loves it but she also knows people who really are meanies. So it depends on the person..

I saw a previous post of yours in another thread actually where you commented on nurses only having to clean up after doctors. This certainly isn't the case :) try develop a more positive outlook! maybe you could apply to the hpat next year?

i know money is important but imo anyone entering it should consider whether they are a people person and would they be genuinely interested in caring for people.. I have it number one on my cao for this year. Good luck in what you decide :). (can't talk about your last bit! Sorry :o)

Advertisement