Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Youghal Beach - Before & After

• 01-03-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

5486696977_82f7c9ebdd_z.jpg

5485279648_b1629f8c85_z.jpg

A fellow boardsie on Twitter asked about the post processing on this shot, so I thought here would be the easiest place for a before & after post.

My camera is a Canon 450d & lens 50mm f1.8 (at f7.1 here ISO 400).

I guess the most obvious change in Photoshop is in the colour. I used curves to add more red & blue into the shadows, and take some blue out of the highlights. I also used several layers of solid blue & red colours at different blend modes & opacities (I can't remember exactly which ones, but very low percentage opacity usually on the Difference or Exclusion blend modes).

On a separate layer I used the auto-tone tool to return the colours to almost normal and again faded the opacity of that layer to add a little more depth into the whole image.

Contrast and exposure were also improved, and I think I may have dodged and burned a little bit!

The blur effect was created by selecting the area I wanted to keep in focus and using the Lens Blur filter on the rest of the image.

That's about the bulk of it! Not to everyone's taste I know, especially the colours, but I like it :)

Comments

Advertisement