Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G2Play, be careful where you order from.

Options
  • 01-03-2011 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys and gals,

Not 100% sure if this is the right place to post this however I thought it affects us gamers.

For those that dont know what g2play is, its basically a popular game ordering website. Im currently on vacation and shortly after the order process g2play contacted me to confirm the IP in which the order came from.

After verifying my IP, and the town I was staying in they asked the following:

"Could you prove it somehow? Our system shows risk and we need to verify that"

Not sure why you would need to prove your hotel address, I asked again why they would need this. They replied instead of this could I produce a scan of my passport or driving license. As they already have this they again changed their minds and requested proof of the address of where I was spending my holiday.

I can only say this is none of their business and began requesting a refund. Still yet to be transfered back to me Im in doubt that this will ever return. For those interested a mail thread can be found here: http://www.fmj-squad.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7289#post7289

Again hopefully I have not broke any rules posting this here.

Regards,

One annoyed customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never had a problem with them and intend to use them again.

Odd 1st post tho.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

They basically want proof that it's you making the order, so they are asking for some identification, I hope sometime that someone does take your credit card and go on a purchasing spree and that the website is not as diligent in looking after their customers, then you will appreciate that they are only trying to help and secure your account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Its better that they check for fraud rather than sitting back leaving someone order from a hotel in a different country. A bit of hassle alright but Im sure theirs plenty games shops around you in Germany if you're not happy to order from there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive used them a few times, the first time they needed identification, dont see anything dodgy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd be pretty happy that they go to that kind of pains to ensure you're not being taken for fraud? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

G2play are a reputable company. It's a security feature to prevent fraud.
    You ordered a game in a country that didn't match the address on your credit card.
    It's as simple as that.

Fair play to them, I say. Other companies would have just taken your money.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement