Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Query

Options
  • 01-03-2011 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some advice regarding a changing my employer is looking to make to my contract.
    I have been recently hired with a company on a shift role. In the interview i asked about shift bonus and HR mention that there would be a shift bonus taken into account in my salary but they weren't able to give me specifics. I accepted this offer and received my contract stating i was getting a basic salary plus a shift bonus.
    Now a couple of months after starting the job (though not on shift yet) they have come back to me and said I was given the incorrect contract. The shift bonus wasn't meant to be given to my position as it was worked into the basic salary.
    They have given me two options sign the contract or leave the company just wondering are they allowed to change my terms like this even though I have signed the original contract which they received before I started with the company.
    Note - I’m still on probation if this makes any difference.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking for some advice regarding a changing my employer is looking to make to my contract.
    I have been recently hired with a company on a shift role. In the interview i asked about shift bonus and HR mention that there would be a shift bonus taken into account in my salary but they weren't able to give me specifics. I accepted this offer and received my contract stating i was getting a basic salary plus a shift bonus.
    Now a couple of months after starting the job (though not on shift yet) they have come back to me and said I was given the incorrect contract. The shift bonus wasn't meant to be given to my position as it was worked into the basic salary.
    They have given me two options sign the contract or leave the company just wondering are they allowed to change my terms like this even though I have signed the original contract which they received before I started with the company.
    Note - I’m still on probation if this makes any difference.

They seem to have made a genuine mistake.

However, a contract's a contract. You can insist on them sticking to the terms of the contract you signed even...

They simply won't have to keep you during or beyond probation.

Advertisement