Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the post office do this with your parcel

Options
  • 01-03-2011 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all i live in a flat atm and theres no postbox.if im away will they leave that parcel at my door for other people to take ,surely theyre responsible for it and send it to the collections office. What im askin is if you buy an item off ebay can you ask the post office not to send me parcels and that ill collect them at the collection office.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dennis2011

sorry i dont know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

ianol89 wrote: »
    Hi all i live in a flat atm and theres no postbox.if im away will they leave that parcel at my door for other people to take ,surely theyre responsible for it and send it to the collections office. What im askin is if you buy an item off ebay can you ask the post office not to send me parcels and that ill collect them at the collection office.

I very much doubt that you can ask them not to send you parcels however if the parcel will not fit through the letter box and you are not home then it will go to the collection office (and they will leave you a note to that effect).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Thinspired

From what I've experienced it depends on the postman. I live in an apartment complex and all the post boxes are together in the main hall. Postman 1 will never leave a package unattended and will always bring it back to collection centre. Postman 2 leaves packages lying in the hallway in front of the postboxes where anyone could take them (this happened with a 150 quid order of mine, also happens regularly with neighbours' Amazon deliveries etc). Postman 3, because I live on the ground floor, will dump the package outside my door.

So regardless of what they're actually supposed to do I guess it depends on their mood on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ianol89

Thats true that it depends on the postman.guess what we do without postboxes lol we all get our post in a rusty roses tin in the hall,how ghetto.ill try and order something cheap on ebay and see where it ends up.

Advertisement