Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Live: Sanchez vs. Kampmann

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Is this on ESPN or where's best to watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

jarain wrote: »

I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think the Versus shows are shown on ESPN UK so to watch it live you'll either have to pay to watch on ufc.com or find a stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Starts at 2am on ESPN according to their schedule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It wasn't on their schedule when I checked it on Sunday evening but it seems to be there now. 2am start as a previous poster said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Cheers Lads, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Haven't yet found a UFC event that wasn't on the ESPN deal.

It's listed now for 2am.
    Only three fights listed on Boylesports though :( Kampmann, Munoz and Tavares being favourites. Sanchez and Dollaway are worth a few euro at 5/4 and 7/4 respectively. Doubles with 10 euro returns 61.88.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Haven't yet found a UFC event that wasn't on the ESPN deal.

the last TUF live finale was shown live on sky sports not ESPN :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

the last TUF live finale was shown live on sky sports not ESPN :mad:

That's cause Sky had the rights to TUF series so it'd have been a bit stupid if they didn't have the final in fairness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

2 streams going to be up on Facebook, Stevenson-Castillo and Cantwell-Diabate. 8pm ET so 1 our time I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

This might be the end of Joe Daddy Stevenson's UFC career if he loses. The Sanchez Kampmann fight should be interesting as they have very conflicting styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Should be a good night of fights. Looking forward to seeing Palhares again, leglock extraodinaire. Main event will be all action too.

Liked Palhares until the night he decided not to let go of Tomas Drawl's leg and injure him, despite the fact that he tapped!

He can go to hell!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Liked Palhares until the night he decided not to let go of Tomas Drawl's leg and injure him, despite the fact that he tapped!

He can go to hell!

Everytime I see him I think he's fun to watch, then I remember the Drwal fight and lose all respect for him.You just don't mess around with leglocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's listed now for 2am.
    Only three fights listed on Boylesports though :( Kampmann, Munoz and Tavares being favourites. Sanchez and Dollaway are worth a few euro at 5/4 and 7/4 respectively. Doubles with 10 euro returns 61.88.

I'm never betting on UFC again after losing a triple accumulator because of BJ and Fitch ending in a draw :mad:

/ End sour grapes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You wouldn't of lost money on the draw.
    Who was it with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mellor wrote: »
    Who was it with?

/runs to bin to retrieve slip :eek:

lol i still have it it my wallet, thought the draw scuppered my wins. I'll present it to Mr Power later so, they must love rookie gamblers like me, thinking the;d lost :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

Who was it with?

wow. cheers. I thought i lost aswell but checked my online account and got a few quid. not as much as i could have won but hey it's something. Bisping, Siver and Penn. get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Yeeooww, gewwon Paul Harris!
    :D

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Yeeooww, gewwon Paul Harris!
    :D

Another leg lock :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Dojojoe: Come on put a spolier tag on that. When dealing with that sub, it is obvious that one of the first names will be that fighter in question.

Anyone know if Cantwell / Diabate will be shown on FB prelims and if so what time are they due to start at.

Sanchez / Kampmann is a great main event and a very 50-50 fight. Going with Diego though, I think with him back at Jackson's, he will take the close decision.

unknown13 wrote: »

Anyone know if Cantwell / Diabate will be shown on FB prelims and if so what time are they due to start at.

At 1 I think.

I had to switch to my old linux computer tonight and when I went to install that program to watch the fights on facebook I got a
    'this extension can access all the data on your computer and the websites you visit' message.. so no fb prelims for me tonight :D

Yeah, saw on twitter they are on at 1. First fight up is Cantwell / Diabate. Should be a nice standup match. Might not be that exciting but you will see two very experienced stand up fighters fighting each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Good stream for those without ESPN etc - http://roger-that.yolasite.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Good stream for those without ESPN etc - http://roger-that.yolasite.com/

ESPN is free this weekend..started at midnight (2 hours ago) I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Just checked there and it's still scrambled on SKY 417.

S>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What the hell was Sakara at when he cleaned his bloody face using the refs shirt.This is fair tedious to watch with the constant ad breaks.Its being repeated at 11:15pm Sunday night on ESPN it says its in freeview too.Bowles looked impressive in the first fite,nice guillotine. Never seen the W.E.C so these guys are new to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I love watching kampmann fight. He's just really smooth and accurate. Diego's a mess already

• Advertisement

And now this is a fun war!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Sanchez face is f***** up

Don't agree with that decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

thought kampman should have one, sanchez face is in bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Unanimous Decision my Arse Sanchez got destroyed for a lot of that fight his face shows that.His left eye was shut,mouth was bloody & he'd cuts all over his face.Even the Fans who shouted for Diego knew it was a BS result.

calex71 wrote: »
    /runs to bin to retrieve slip :eek:

lol i still have it it my wallet, thought the draw scuppered my wins. I'll present it to Mr Power later so, they must love rookie gamblers like me, thinking the;d lost :o
    p to the e wrote: »
    wow. cheers. I thought i lost aswell but checked my online account and got a few quid. not as much as i could have won but hey it's something. Bisping, Siver and Penn. get in!

Yeah, with boxing and UFC, normally the draw isn't an option to bet on (as they are so rare). It's either A or B.

so in the event of a draw, they settle it in one of two ways. Either
    Void Bet
    Money refunded on a single bet.
    Trebles etc, that fight is ignore and is treated like a double on the other picks
    or
    Dead Heat
    This is where they treat them both as winners. But only for half the stake.
    So at say, $20 @ 3/2 is treated as $10 put down, and the return is $25
    $20 at evens, returns $20
    $30 at 2/3 would return $25 (notice a $5 loss, this is the $5 that the top bet gained)

If settle via dead heat, Fitch suffers a slight loss, BJ a slight gain
    Depending on your other bets and who you picked you might be over all profit or loss but its better than no return.

I made a slight loss on my bet on fitch.

after timing is a big no no, but before the fight I announced
    http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showpost.php?p=275445&postcount=118167

• Advertisement

I didn't see it, his face being in bits is irrelevant if he won 2 out of 3 rounds.
    Fight metric will be interesting

I think Kampmann breaking his hand is what won Diego the fight thinking of it.There was a couple minutes left in the 3rd round and it forced kampmann to move and only use his jab to keep Diego at bay. He was landing the jab at will but the judges would just have seen Diego moving forward.

I didn't see it, his face being in bits is irrelevant if he won 2 out of 3 rounds.
    Fight metric will be interesting

The fight metric gave it to Kampmann. Sanchez got it on aggression. I think there's a strong case for him actually winning rounds 2 or 3 though. Kampmann looked much better during and after the fight though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

I thought Diego just nicked the second round on control and aggression tbh, he landed some nice shots in the 2 or 3 flurrys he threw and even slightly buckled Martin at one stage. Sanchez definitely won the third aswell so I think it was pretty fair overall. Kampmann played with him in the first round but he didn't really want to push the pace after that and that cost him in the end.

The most bust up face I have ever witnessed in an MMA fight aswell. Great fight.

Excellent fight. Maybe fight of the year so far?

• Advertisement

Definitely a contender for Fight of the Year so far, only downer was it was kinda ruined by a very bad decision. Kampmann won on the feet and was able to keep it standing for almost the whole fight, effectively winning every grappling exchange.

1 plus is Kampmann tweeted that his hand isnt broken but still pretty swollen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

imo wrong decision Kampmann was the cleaner fighter. Great scrap and I'd say Sanchez is some mess today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

I would have given Diego rounds two and three so I think it was the correct decision but I can see where others would disagree. Good card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Surprised Sanchez was given the decision.
    He got picked off by Kampmann's more technical striking over & over again.
    Points shouldn't be awarded for aggression when a fighter is just walking into shots for most of a fight.
    Sanchez only got one takedown & Kampmann got straight back to his feet without suffering any damage.
    Feel sorry for Kampmann but at least he got a $100k bonus for his performance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Surprised Sanchez was given the decision.
    He got picked off by Kampmann's more technical striking over & over again.
    Points shouldn't be awarded for aggression when a fighter is just walking into shots for most of a fight.
    Sanchez only got one takedown & Kampmann got straight back to his feet without suffering any damage.
    Feel sorry for Kampmann but at least he got a $100k bonus for his performance!
    good point but if he is walking into shots then that obviously isn't a great plan as you put yourself at risk to being knocked out etc. but thats the risk fighters take for being agressive and I think that agression should be rewarded.
    thought it was a close fight but i think sanchez defo won on agressiona and octogon control.
    this article seems to make the point pretty well http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/3/4/2029361/ufc-on-versus-3-judging-controversy

I'm sorry but....

Striking: Kampmann all day long.

Grappling: Kampman all day long again. Each time there was a grappling exchange, Diego tried to take it down while Kampmann tried to stay up. On all but one occasion, Kampmann won these grappling contests. even when he was taken down he was straight back up. Kampmann wins!

Aggression: Fine, Diego came forward a lot. He was aggressive. If walking forward and getting your face mashed in the process is aggression, Diego wins this category.

Octagon Control: Again, kampmann wins by being able to keep the fight exactly where he wanted it. He wanted it on the feet, Diego on the ground. And the fight was contested on the feet.

Brutal decision by the judges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Octagon Control: Again, kampmann wins by being able to keep the fight exactly where he wanted it. He wanted it on the feet, Diego on the ground. And the fight was contested on the feet.
    debatable maybe?
    from memory: kampmann yes he won it in the first. 2nd round diego got a takedown, 3rd kampmann must have wanted the fight with his back against the cage if thats what you call octagon control :P
    diego 1-0 with takedowns and was pushing kampmann back against the cage non stop.
    i bet judges favour 1 takedown more than 5 stuffins of a takedown?! (not saying they should.

adamski8 wrote: »
    debatable maybe?
    from memory: kampmann yes he won it in the first. 2nd round diego got a takedown, 3rd kampmann must have wanted the fight with his back against the cage if thats what you call octagon control :P
    diego 1-0 with takedowns and was pushing kampmann back against the cage non stop.
    i bet judges favour 1 takedown more than 5 stuffins of a takedown?! (not saying they should.

Diego got the TD in rd3 and Kampmann was down for less then 15 seconds.And Kampmann had his back against the cage 4 times in the entire fight:confused:

adamski8 wrote: »
    debatable maybe?

Well it all depends on how you interpret Octagon control.

Randy controlled Vera against the cage. that was where he wanted the fight, against the cage. That's control.

But let's not pretend this is what Diego was trying to do. He was going for takedowns each time. He didnt have the fight where he wanted it, Kampmann kept it on the feet where HE wanted it. If Diego's plan was to hold him against the cage a la Randy, it would be a different story.

• Advertisement
Advertisement