Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World pig day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Everyday is pig day, tbh

Still ... in the spirit of things, it's pork chops for dinner !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I wonder how that would go down in this part of the world?

And snap - guess what I had for dinner? Pork chops.

It's as if one of the voices inside my head leaned in and whispered into my subconscious "Have pork chops. You do know it's international pig day".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

No offence lads but Pighead thinks you're not treating the day in the manner it was originally intended. Surely this is a day where the pig should be celebrated and revered.

Not chewed up and washed down with a glass of Jacobs Creek Pinot Noir Vintage 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Pighead wrote: »
    No offence lads but Pighead thinks you're not treating the day in the manner it was originally intended. Surely this is a day where the pig should be celebrated and revered.

Not chewed up and washed down with a glass of Jacobs Creek Pinot Noir Vintage 2006.

We rever in our own special way Pighead

As it happens and without knowing what a special day it was I had some smoked rashers and jumbo sausages last night

it seems like without knowing we all just sensed it

Either that or we have pork of some description so often that statistically we are more likely than not to hit the right date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Either that or we have pork of some description so often that statistically we are more likely than not to hit the right date

Like I said ... every day is pig day, statistically, for any number of brothers >= 1

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

Considering how difficult it is to get pork here, it is crazy I got and cooked pork chops yesterday :eek: Must have been an outside force willing me to :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Roll the clock back 251 million years ago and pigs ruled the world, every day was pig day

Lystrosaurus was by far the most common terrestrial vertebrate of the Early Triassic, accounting for as many as 95% of the total individuals in some fossil beds.

Sorta like Valley Of the Schmoo for real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

god_meat.jpg

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Deadly :D

Advertisement