Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Athlone

Options
  • 01-03-2011 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good denist in Athlone or the surrounding area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Leslie Fitzgerald - Northgate St - (090)6475915

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Leslie Fitzgerald - Northgate St - (090)6475915

I went to him three times with a pain in one of my teeth, I got it fixed by another dentist after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Well, don't keep it a secret Offy! Who do you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

I have used Campbell in the past and went to Boland in the past few weeks - Boland was a lot cheaper for the same job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Offy wrote: »
    I went to him three times with a pain in one of my teeth, I got it fixed by another dentist after that.

Have used Fitzgerald since I was a kid, through lots of Dental ups and downs, and found them excellent; I'm now in my thirties.

Please elaborate on your remark Offy.

• Advertisement

I too have been going to Fitzgeralds since the free national school visits stopped. Thankfully I've only needed to see them a handful of times in the many years that have past since then, and I cant fault them.

Other people I know have gone to Campbell and Boland with mixed results, none of which were particularly good!

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Have used Fitzgerald since I was a kid, through lots of Dental ups and downs, and found them excellent; I'm now in my thirties.

Please elaborate on your remark Offy.

I went to Dr. FitzGerald with a tooth ache three times and each time he drilled it out and put a filling in. On the fourth occasion I went to Dr. Boland (who charged less) and the tooth hasnt bothered me since. That was three years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I always went to boland, but i personally dont like his manner, and not a fan of his fill it rather than pull it mantra.

Cant recomment Leslie Budda fitzgerald highley enough, very calming.

His daughter however is a different story, she has a better future as a butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I've only ever really used Boland, only problem was it used to be a pain to get an appointment. I'm well overdue a checkup, gonna call round and see if there's much of a waiting list, otherwise may try the crowd in Connaught Street.

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    I've only ever really used Boland, only problem was it used to be a pain to get an appointment. I'm well overdue a checkup, gonna call round and see if there's much of a waiting list, otherwise may try the crowd in Connaught Street.

If you do try the crowd in Connaught Street let me know what they are like, I need to have a checkup too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

Where is Bolands? Google maps seem to suggest its at the regional sports centre.

juma wrote: »
    Where is Bolands? Google maps seem to suggest its at the regional sports centre.

He is in Roslevin.
    From the Sports Centre, head back towards town, past the White Gates, and its just before the bridge, on the right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Boland's my dentist. Good dentist, nice man and a real character. As for the dentist in Connaught street personally I wouldn't go back bastards put in black fillings in my teeth. Didn't even think of asking what colour the fillings would be, presumed they'd be white:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

went to Boland for the first time a few weeks ago - didn't get the man myself.

Had no problem getting an appointment and also I have no reason to complain about the service I received (broken tooth & clean/polish)

I was only charged 30 euro for the clean/polish which beats any other dentist I had. Don't know if it was less because of the repair to the broken tooth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Went to the surgery in Connaught Street, very happy with the checkup and filling. Had the opposite experience as you yesno1234, they replaced a broken black filling from another dentist, with a white one :P

Advertisement