Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! cannot get internet!

• 01-03-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

moved into a new house last year (North Kildare), didnt think getting decent internet would be a problem- wrong! Dont have a phone line (no phone lines on the road) and we were told by Eircom that even if we got one the "lines" were so old in the locality it would only support dial up. ive tried EVERY available company and none can give us wireless- no signal apparently. latest ive tried is satellite but its no good as it does not support online gaming. SKY/ UPC wont work - need decent phone line.
    Does anyone know af any other options- cant believe we cant get good internet in our house in 2011! help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

A depressing problem for you. Did you check to see if your area was covered under the National Broadband Scheme rolled out by 3. Would still be of little use for gaming though

• Registered Users Posts: 6 barbie1234

its really frustrating. havent checked that scheme but if its no good for online gaming then there is no point. i was hoping there was something out there that i havent heard of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The NBS isn't Broadband. Hasn't added a single Broadband connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think Ripplecom cover your area,check their website http://www.ripplecom.net/home-broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 6 barbie1234

thanks Zerks, ive checked out ripplecom and they say they do cover my area! great! they also say they will do a signal test before installation to be sure. im a bit wary though, i asked why i had'nt heard of them before and he told me that they have taken over ice broadband's customer base, after they went into liquidation. i heard before that ice wer'nt great. new company or same company, new name? has anyone heard any reviews of these guys? thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement