Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political Poster Watch

• 01-03-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

I am going to keep this simple because if I start a rant it will be gibberish that goes on for pages .

I am obviously getting very old and grumpy and sad and boring and nothingbettertobedoing ( not really sure if thats a word BUT it should be ).

While sitting outside the crescent comp waiting to collect the kids from school I saw a guy taking down Peter Powers posters , he took down four , picked up three and put them in the back of his van and left the fourth one lying on the ground along with 3 cut cable ties . Good holy mother of all thats holy , in any religion , here or over there , in this world or the next , in space and time , would it really have been that terribly difficult and time consuming to pick up the last one as well .

Deep breath ... deeper breath , count to ten , have a fag , calm down John calm down .

So , hows it going for the rest of ye ? nice sunny Spring morning eh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Contact the council's environmental department, and Mr Power will get a fine for littering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

^^ do you honestly believe in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

foinse wrote: »
    Contact the council's environmental department, and Mr Power will get a fine for littering.

The rule for poster removal says they have 7 days from when the last person gets into the dail and counting is continuing so you never know the Peter power man might be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    ^^ do you honestly believe in that?

Yes, it's happened before and will happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

foinse wrote: »
    Yes, it's happened before and will happen again.
    Yup have heard of a few fines over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I've been personally responsible for a few fines being issued :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

while they do have time to remove the posters, you can immediately report him for leaving the cut cableties there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I heard on the radio yesterday that the Council have both video and photographic evidence as to who's posters were placed where and will be able to issue fines to those who leave cable-ties behind

Advertisement