Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brink

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Exactly. If PSN still isn't up by the time this is released, I won't be touching it and will prob wait til i'm finished LA Noire before picking it up.

I should have waited myself,I pre ordered thinking psn would be back this wk and before sony came out and said no it wouldn't be back ;_;.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am not hoping this game to be as popular as cod. As cod fanboys get erections only from next cod penis slaping theyr faces.

It sounds really good, but I already see 2 things o might not like: bots in multiplayer and peer 2 peer bollox...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,846 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

..As cod fanboys get erections only from next cod penis slaping theyr faces.

HAHAHAHAAHHA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Eh, isn't single-player pretty much the same as multiplayer, but just with bots?

Surely the PSN won't be down for much longer. Worst case scenario, you miss a few days of Brink MP. I'd hate to think that people wouldn't buy the game because of that. While I don't think it's very likely anymore, this game could tank. It's got stiff competition with LA Noire, and you shouldn't punish the developers for Sony's mess

If you can't get straight into the multiplayer because of PSN, play the single-player for a few days - you'll play the same missions, learn the maps, learn the classes, unlock items, and you'll totally pwn everyone when you get online :)

I'd only get this on release day to play for a week and then LA Noire would be getting my attention til its finished. True, you can build up your character in single player, i'll wait till sooner anyway to decide. I would love if a load of the lads (and boardsies) got this as i'd say lone gunners will wreck this team based game. Loved the squad mentality of BC2. Must ring a few places see how much i'll get for black ops.

• Advertisement

Launch trailer!

PS. Xtravision are giving 30 quid trade in for black ops

Seen that today. Pure boner material! Can't wait for Friday!

My Friday ritual will be epic with brink toping it up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I haven't been following this game at all , I have no idea why :confused: I was interested when I heard about it , and the new trailer has renewed my interest big time. I'll be holding off until I hear what multiplayer is like though.

The whole look reminds me of TF2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Looks very good, any word on how well it will be supported after release?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

grizzly wrote: »
    Looks very good, any word on how well it will be supported after release?
    Well PC has dedicated servers, so I'd say you can bet that there'll be some DLC maps in the future :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Seems to be impressions coming out online from Xbox gamers as it was leaked early, all offline of course, few 'homemade' reviews on youtube.

Thought this video gave a good impression of what to expect.
    Not overwhelmed tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i have this preordered and im collecting on friday one thing i dont see how this game is worth a release day purchase now judging by that last video from freeman.

i know it looks fairly good but its no bad company or gears is it?

i would be raging if i owned a ps3 right now its disgraceful that sony have not got psn back up yet, how long are ps customers waiting now? it kinda shows why paying ms stands tbh i can only imagine they would be a hell of a lot quicker getting there customers back playing again?

i have this preordered and im collecting on friday one thing i dont see how this game is worth a release day purchase now judging by that last video from freeman.

i would be raging if i owned a ps3 right now its disgraceful that sony have not got psn back up yet, how long are ps customers waiting now? it kinda shows why paying ms stands tbh i can only imagine they would be a hell of a lot quicker getting there customers back playing again?

I see what you did there, so please stop.

I do play pc and xbox Moustly now, but I really can't blame Sony much in this **** storm. If hackers would have decided to go for xbox, then it would be same. They attacked Sony not because it's weaker, they attacked Sony becomes it pissed off hackers.

I only want it to get back online and sort out the ****storm, so fellow gamers can play too. No point pointing at Sony and giggle. We really don't want anather console was here..

As for brink... Is it Friday yet?

Certainly not sir, been checking out other forums on gamers reviews of the game the last hour or so, and it is not looking good at all from what they are saying.
    looks like the parkour is a bit of a gimmick, graphics are not great at all, campaign is very short, and overall gameplay is not what was advertised.(previous footage released by SD)

Normally there are a few reviews stating its a very good game, haven't read one yet. This reminds me alot like Homefront a month ago:mad:

Have this pre-ordered myself, on the hope it would be a diversion from BC2 when PSN is back up, might throw that money on to LA Noire instead perhaps.

I was afraid of this... Gametrailer review should be up before Friday...

If cod players will hate it, then it means it will be a great game lads.

I was afraid of this... Gametrailer review should be up before Friday...

If cod players will hate it, then it means it will be a great game lads.
    Ya I tend to go by the gametrailers score in general alright, even if they slate a game for ten mins and give it a 9:p

realy hope they were COD gamers that didn't give high scores, looks not as advertised in the vid i posted a few posts back or is that my imagination?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Certainly isn't any bc2 by that vid, game looks quite boring and dull no real atmosphere at all just clunky running about, looks more like one of those budget shooters that are released monthly, anyways will wait for reviews.

Ya, looks very average. I'm gonna wait for the reviews (both pro and user) to see what its like. I wish Left 4 Dead was on the PS3 and Battlefield 3 was coming out sooner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You are so wrong... There is a chain of videos which explain gameplay. Check them out.

This game will be legendary. It will spice up my bc2 life!

Yes i am wrong, i liked Splash Damage as mod team but lets just they have a fairly **** catalogue a pay for games team.

ET was brilliant but activision decided it wasnt good enough to charge for. Will check out "demo" during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I see what you did there, so please stop.

I do play pc and xbox Moustly now, but I really can't blame Sony much in this **** storm. If hackers would have decided to go for xbox, then it would be same. They attacked Sony not because it's weaker, they attacked Sony becomes it pissed off hackers.

I only want it to get back online and sort out the ****storm, so fellow gamers can play too. No point pointing at Sony and giggle. We really don't want anather console was here..

As for brink... Is it Friday yet?
    Shadow take your time and re read my post. I'm not trying to start a console war as I think they are retarded! You seem to be blind when it comes to this game it could very well be ****e looking at freemans video!

Also don't call me up for starting a console war when your having a go at cod fans here!

• Advertisement

wish Battlefield 3 was coming out sooner :(

Me too, i would settle for BC2 on PSN at the moment tbh.

Well the reviews embargo is raised tomorrow morning as it is out in the states tomorrow, so we shouldn't have too long to wait to see if its top drawer or middle.

Me too, i would settle for BC2 on PSN at the moment tbh.

Well the reviews embargo is raised tomorrow morning as it is out in the states tomorrow, so we shouldn't have too long to wait to see if its top drawer or middle.

Ya, was well sickened trading BC2 for MW2 cuz all the lads were playing that. BC2 was such a class MP experience but on the other hand it was a laugh going into work chatting about the game last night. Would nearly trade black ops to get BC2 back now haha. Wonder how much its going for these days!

I tend not to like coop campaign games. They usually very dull. Re5 and lost planet 2 etc...

I was actuolly interested I sp part of this game, specially after that launch trailer which showed a really cool setting fir the war... I have to admit it does not look so interesting now...

I am having very mixed opinion now. Really like the flow of combat, classes, customisation etc, but really dont like leaked videos and streams.

Shadow take your time and re read my post. I'm not trying to start a console war as I think they are retarded! You seem to be blind when it comes to this game it could very well be ****e looking at freemans video!

Also don't call me up for starting a console war when your having a go at cod fans here!
    Whatever dude, be careful of those gamestop managers. They don't like to be taken for a ride, I bet you got sinister plan for brink too.

And yup, I was really hyped for this game, but after stream I got mixed opinion, which I already wrote down. If game will be **** and not what I expected, then I wont deny it.

As for cod. Yup it's ****, but as I mentioned before: if cod players wont like it, well it means it will be a good game. Anything that is not cod these days - something unique!

YBC2 was such a class MP experience .

still is:D

Very addicted to BC2 as of the last 2 months, would head on most evenings for an hour or two, will prob join the PSN boards group when its back up.

15 pounds on amazon and thats with the VIP code in it. played black ops for ten or so hours and kept getting annoyed with being killed by a guy after i unloaded a magazine in to his face. hit markers are very bad imo.(especially when he doesn't even get clean shots in his killcam:p)
    in Bad Company if i see a guy running 50 yards in front of me across my vision, i know i need to aim for his nose to get a head shot and he will drop.

Apologies for the BC2 chat :D but running into a house for cover to see a helicopter outside belting down rockets, house collapsing and you leg it out looking for more cover brought more 'holy shiit' moments than cod ever did. I think I was just addicted to levelling up in cod and unlocking things :)

Love being the medic in BC2 but I unlocked all his stuff quick enough and then very hard to level up.

Back on toppic (super soz) If Brink turns into a run n gun fest, then this game will really fall apart. Looks like your team will all want to play as its supposed to be played or it just won't be enjoyable.

still is:D

Very addicted to BC2 as of the last 2 months, would head on most evenings for an hour or two, will prob join the PSN boards group when its back up.

15 pounds on amazon and thats with the VIP code in it. played black ops for ten or so hours and kept getting annoyed with being killed by a guy after i unloaded a magazine in to his face. hit markers are very bad imo.(especially when he doesn't even get clean shots in his killcam:p)
    in Bad Company if i see a guy running 50 yards in front of me across my vision, i know i need to aim for his nose to get a head shot and he will drop.

Its offtopic, but I just love this game. It's the only game I go for achievements too. Missing just few now lol. Vietnam is brilliant too. Few days ago we were playing with lad. I was operating tank ad lad jumped out to take out sneaky engineer. While he was doing his stuff I sow a chopper going at me. Did not looked well, so I just aimed a bit up from where he was coming at. Then there was an epic scene: 1 shot which hit the target. Huge explosions and 3 corpses hit my widescreen, then helicopters bits were falling all around. My friend outside roared: hhhhhooooooolllllllyyyy ****! That was awesome!!!!!

Everynight we play we get an epic moments. No matter if we get shirt scores, but atleast few times per evening you get: holy **** man! Moments ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Meh the video was the console version, it will be 10 times better on a good pc.
    Im buying purely for multiplayer.

Ill make my own judgement then instead of forming an opinion based on fools attempting to review it on youtube when they barely had time to play it.
    More than likely mw2 or black ops fans, nuff said really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

No offence but BC2 is diabolically bad compared to any other Battlefield game. The over reliance on players using M203's and RPGs to kill people instead of using bullets really annoys me. It's a skillless game.

Still waiting for a game to hook me like CS:S did where you didn't have bullsh*t kills by people with noob friendly grenade launchers.

Also love some of the trolling iv seen of people saying they won't buy this game because there are no female characters in it mean come on what is the last game to ever involved playable female characters in a multiplayer focused FPS. People are just weird...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

I'm seriously itching for this game, sick of the cramped and laggy confines of Black Ops and I do love BC2/Vietnam, but I find you need to have a fair bit of time set aside, it's harder to just jump on for a quick game.

So I'm hoping Brink fills the nice little gap in the middle, roll on Friday!

Advertisement