Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brink

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got my copy from gamesnash,wish I hadn't wasted my money tbh.oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Some games were destroyed by reviewers, but when I played them I really enjoyed. We will see this afternoon

This can true, but my opinion comes from playing the game for the last few days, not the reviews. At the end of the day, a journalist who is reviewing the game might just have a different taste than you or I.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I heard it runs like a dog on PC if you have an ATI card.

Anyone confirm?

Heard that but watched a live stream lastnight from an ATI user and he said he doesnt know what people are on about, looked smooth to me as he was playing.

This can true, but my opinion comes from playing the game for the last few days, not the reviews. At the end of the day, a journalist who is reviewing the game might just have a different taste than you or I.

On what format are you playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Dcully wrote: »
    On what format are you playing?

PS3. In hindsight I probably should've got it on the 360, but I thought Brink would suit me to the ground. I'm considering trading it in while the price is good, but I'd like to give the online a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

In all fairness all reviewers looked at this game as sp game, which is really wrong. When they were reviewing l4d they looked at it as multiplayer game.

I have a feeling it might be a good game, but reviewers were to hasty with reviews, which forms average joe opinion. And we know what happens with masses and how easy to control them.

It might be really ****, I don't know 100%, but atleast I want to try it myself. As I found about reviews one thing: you can't trust them. Some games were destroyed by reviewers, but when I played them I really enjoyed. We will see this afternoon

Please don't speak to the methods and motives of 'all reviewers', whom you don't trust to begin with. No review gave me the impression the value of this game lies in single player mode. It was the same with L4D but, I'd hazard a guess that Brink just doesn't measure up to L4D, rather than 'all reviewers' simply focused on the wrong part. On top of issues that effect SP & MP, the single player bots are supposedly, particularly bad and deserve mention since a better implementation may have gone a long way towards improving the SP experience. Jeff Gerstmann (Giant Bomb) recommended nobody play the single player, period.

The range of scores Brink has received is huge. Arstechnica did hold off on reviewing the game in it's current state, but for most establishments producing timely reviews is their bread and butter. If there is any question that reviewers weren't given enough time with the game then the blame actually lies with the publisher/developer. Regarding not trusting reviews, why don't you check reviews for some other divisive game that you've formed an educated opinion of, such as K&L 2? That way, you may find a 'journalist' or establishment that resonates with you and maybe you'll drop the anti-reviewer dogma.

Personally delighted I waited for the reviews and will now, happily, give Brink a wide berth, despite being very excited for the game prior to launch.

• Advertisement

I dont know tbh,its going down a storm on some PC communities.
    Ill download it later to try myself, just got my code from G2play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I've seen different answers online, but can you play this game 2 player co-op online on the same console like Black Ops?? On PSN that is, seen someone say that you can on Xbox but not on PS3, surely that's not true??

To answer my own question from yesterday, there is no split screen at all.

Another reason for me to just get it on the PC (FPS well better on PC!). But still worried that it wont run all that well. I do meet the minimum specs, but I'm used to playing TFC and CS on my PC and they are over 10 years old so run extremely well, so not used to and don't like when things don't run nice and smooth.

Here's hoping I win the lotto and get a brand new Alienware PC that I've always wanted so badly!

Here's hoping I win the lotto and get a brand new Alienware PC that I've always wanted so badly!

You can get a far superior rig to anything alienware do for a fraction of the cost,build yourself or get someone here on boards to do so.
    Head over to the PC building and upgrading forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Dcully wrote: »
    You can get a far superior rig to anything alienware do for a fraction of the cost,build yourself or get someone here on boards to do so.
    Head over to the PC building and upgrading forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

Yea I know, but they look so delish.

edit// Imgage was a bit massive!

Built my last one, just way too broke to be buying a new rig at the moment, being a student and all that. But thanks for the tip.

Some PC reviews starting to surface.

http://games.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186525

Quotes like below bode well.

"It's the game's total and utter reliance upon teamwork that makes it so different to every other COD-wannabe on the market."
    For run and gun Rambos it can all be a bit unsatisfying... which is exactly what Splash Damage wanted. To effectively take down the other team requires teamwork, where strength of numbers will always beat a solo sniper. It's why there's no mention of kills or deaths on the scoreboard, replaced by experience points that rack up faster when you're helping your buddies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The bots in the single player really are stupid Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

The bots in the single player really are stupid Idiots.

Bots for any multiplayer focused game are stupid idiots. Ever play CS:S offline with bots? Was just the same.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Worth getting for PC?

Worth getting for PC?

Wait a month tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well I am playing since 1.30, misses came back home so I am doing a break. I can't believe I am playing it 5h in a row... Did not that sort of stuff in ages...

Well. All people who were hoping cod with fancy slides can just leave thread.

People who interested in pure team work can stay.

Now I understand why all reviewers are giving it mediocre scores when played single player campaign.

BECOUSE THERE IS NO SP IN HERE!

There is 7 people coop campaign which you can set to coop or versus. When you start campaing you can set it private or open. When it's open boats are just replaced by people. If you set campaig on versus then you get people on bouth sides.

It sounds confusing, but it actuolly works very well:

People who play resistance campaing they can get opponents who are playing theyr security campaing. If that makes any sence.

This game is multiplayer only experience. Judging it from so called sp is absolutely wrong. That's why reviews are soooooo ****.

Best part: no kill or deaths showed, just your exp. So cod k/d fans wont enjoy this game at all! Sweet!

By any means it's not a replacement for bc2 in my case. It's just a great team based addition in my gaming time.

It is not a cod killer, it's just good game with cool customisation and team work. Take my word for what it's worth, I am an oddball so I like such stuff. Do yourself a faivor, don't watch reviews, better check gameplay videos and decide yourself is it a game for you.

P.s. I hate to say I was very confused in beginning. I was like where's multiplayer?!?! And I only realised after awile,that I was playing multiplayer from first second...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So, the medics overpowered i hear.

i-Rrh8FjH-L.jpg

Varik wrote: »
    So, the medics overpowered i hear.

i-Rrh8FjH-L.jpg

Well I play medic and I heal 90% my team mates. I use lightest body biuld, so if I get heavy fire at me I try slide out to cover and leg it to heal myself. I did not found it overpowered yet, but I can see people abuse it. Not my favourite class anyway. I found myself changing them quite alot and costantly adopting to situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Terrible framerate on ATI 5850 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Eugh..bought this today as an impulse buy, as I'd seen the trailers and stuff...can. not. begin to describe the disappointment! It just seemed so..boring and repetitive. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't what I got! Just hoping I'll be able to trade it in for L.A. Noire next week!

Terrible framerate on ATI 5850 :(

I think so
    E sort of patch came out already.Check steam m8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Well I am playing since 1.30, misses came back home so I am doing a break. I can't believe I am playing it 5h in a row... Did not that sort of stuff in ages...

Well. All people who were hoping cod with fancy slides can just leave thread.

People who interested in pure team work can stay.

Now I understand why all reviewers are giving it mediocre scores when played single player campaign.

BECOUSE THERE IS NO SP IN HERE!

There is 7 people coop campaign which you can set to coop or versus. When you start campaing you can set it private or open. When it's open boats are just replaced by people. If you set campaig on versus then you get people on bouth sides.

It sounds confusing, but it actuolly works very well:

People who play resistance campaing they can get opponents who are playing theyr security campaing. If that makes any sence.

This game is multiplayer only experience. Judging it from so called sp is absolutely wrong. That's why reviews are soooooo ****.

Best part: no kill or deaths showed, just your exp. So cod k/d fans wont enjoy this game at all! Sweet!

By any means it's not a replacement for bc2 in my case. It's just a great team based addition in my gaming time.

It is not a cod killer, it's just good game with cool customisation and team work. Take my word for what it's worth, I am an oddball so I like such stuff. Do yourself a faivor, don't watch reviews, better check gameplay videos and decide yourself is it a game for you.

P.s. I hate to say I was very confused in beginning. I was like where's multiplayer?!?! And I only realised after awile,that I was playing multiplayer from first second...

I admire your dedication to the cause, the game is pants and yet you still find a way to defend it. Noone should have to pay money for this game.

Seriously it should be free and made by Nexus or someone and we can buy new hats.

Splash Damage have done nothing since ET and tbh that only sold so well....oh wait. Because it was a decent Q3 mod.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I admire your dedication to the cause, the game is pants and yet you still find a way to defend it. Noone should have to pay money for this game.

Seriously it should be free and made by Nexus or someone and we can buy new hats.

Splash Damage have done nothing since ET and tbh that only sold so well....oh wait. Because it was a decent Q3 mod.

I am not defending. You dot like, then don't play it. I personally like it, is that a crime? Said my opinion.

And if I like thing and majority don't, it means I defend it?

Have you played it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I am not defending. You dot like, then don't play it. I personally like it, is that a crime? Said my opinion.

And if I like thing and majority don't, it means I defend it?

I wont just admire you championing the cause from prerelease to release.
    Stev_o wrote: »
    Have you played it?

yup its bad, really really bad. it should be free noone should ahve to pay for this game.

yup its bad, really really bad. it should be free noone should ahve to pay for this game.

I admire your championing on getting everyone to hate this. Pot meet kettle.

Okay, we know your opinion so m8. If you hate this game so much then you wont be interested in it. Exit is there. Bye!

I am not joining on a hate wagon just because everybody is on it. I just like the game. Easy as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Okay, we know your opinion so m8. If you hate this game so much then you wont be interested in it. Exit is there. Bye!

I am not joining on a hate wagon just because everybody is on it. I just like the game. Easy as that.

What gives you or anyone else the right to basically tell someone to leave a forum here or dictate to any of us?

The guy like most of us that have played this are saying that the game is terrible and people have the right to know so they don't waste their money as money is tight with nearly us all!!

Also I'm not a call of duty fan I play battlefield but u keep making negative comments which will eventually cause a flamewar with a cod player it's not on!

Dreamer is entitled to post here just as you are shadow now please stop throwing your weight around!

Btw guys this game is muck DO NOT BUY IT OR TRADE ANY COD GAME FOR IT YOU WILL REGRET IT TRUST ME

What gives you or anyone else the right to basically tell someone to leave a forum here or dictate to any of us?

The guy like most of us that have played this are saying that the game is terrible and people have the right to know so they don't waste their money as money is tight with nearly us all!!

Also I'm not a call of duty fan I play battlefield but u keep making negative comments which will eventually cause a flamewar with a cod player it's not on!

Dreamer is entitled to post here just as you are shadow now please stop throwing your weight around!

Btw guys this game is muck DO NOT BUY IT OR TRADE ANY COD GAME FOR IT YOU WILL REGRET IT TRUST ME

Dreamer originally called him out for praising the game too much while then stating that he shouldn't be because the game is muck. Tbh adding comments like this causes flamewars if you have a problem with a post report it. Very simply solution.

Oh will you get of my back will ya? I got tired of counting threads where you try to bite me, I already started to ignore you.

You do all this just because I called you on your moaning on playstation network? Get a life lad.

I cam delete my post with my opinion on this game if it is sooooo insulting to people.

I guess if majority decided that game is ****, minority has to shut up about it. I was looking forward to this game, yes. I had doubts when reviews came out, but when I tried it, I liked it. Do I have to hate game or I have to hide that I like it?

If you don't like game don't play it!!! I am not encouraging anyone to buy it!!!! I just said to to check more gameplay videos to decide yourself!

Btw you mentioning more cod ****, then I do, but you constantly acusing me in each thread. Seriously? Just back of lad, you are 28, don't you have better **** to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I also had high hopes for this game but I have played it and it's pants IMO!

U are taking this personally that the game is **** relax will you it's just a game! No need to attack dreamers on his opinion!

Your saying have I nothing better to do?? Do you??

Back on topic, I found the game to be boring and repetitive which is a shame as this game had great potential but it will sit third to bc2 and blops IMO! I'll wait a week or two and pick this up for 15 euro just to fill a gameplay gap in the summer

Advertisement