Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping Surfboard from OZ to Ireland

Options
  • 01-03-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone have experience of doing this?

I like to keep all the boards I buy for future use and others getting into surfing and I really want to post my board home. I've been told to use pipe insultation on the rails and bubble wrap and ply wood too (:confused:)

I'm probably going to have to send it via ship or delayed air mail as it's cheapest.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

keryl wrote: »
    Hi All

Does anyone have experience of doing this?

I like to keep all the boards I buy for future use and others getting into surfing and I really want to post my board home. I've been told to use pipe insultation on the rails and bubble wrap and ply wood too (:confused:)

I'm probably going to have to send it via ship or delayed air mail as it's cheapest.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056181772

Also you could buy a coffin board bag and pack more than one board in it then sell the bag when you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭keryl

Cheers Spacehopper

They don't operate in Australia for some daft reason but great idea, I already have a travel bag and figured that I'll do the pipe insulation etc and just ship it home via courier I suppose, I did consider shipping but that could take 4 months....

It might be worth the more reliable route.

Advertisement