Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bank account for baby

• 01-03-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

hi there
    do uou guy know what u need to open a bank account for a baby?
    and which one has the best rates for the little ones few quid.

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't see how you could tbh. Why not just open a savings account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Permanent TSB have a "Safari Saver" account. Although it will have to be a joint account with a parent. Currently offering 3%.

https://www.permanenttsb.ie/whatweoffer/savingsandinvesting/savingsaccounts/childrenssavings/#d.en.537

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I have a credit union account for my son. They wanted a birth cert and a pps number.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we went with the credit union too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I have a credit union account for my daughter also. Was just asked for PPS number and birth cert.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you open a bank account then you open it in joint names and transfer it to them at 7,you can't jsut open an account in their name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

The post office do a savings account into which you can have your childrens benefit paid straight into if you wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 susietwirler

permanent tsb's safari saver is good, 3%. if you have an a/c with them you only need the childs birth cert. if you don't then your own id/address verification/ppsn number and the childs birth cert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

What about something like this?

National Solidarity Bond (4 Year)

15% Gross over 4 years (AER 3.56%) consisting of
    4% In 4 annual payments of 1% which are subject to DIRT at the prevailing rate (currently 27%)
    11% Tax free lump sum at the end of 4 years
    The net after tax return is 13.92% (AER 3.31%)*
    Minimum investment is €100
    Maximum individual investment is €250,000 (or €500,000 from 2 or €750,000 from 3 joint applicants)
    If you do not have €100 to invest there is a facility to save through regular lodgements
    You can access your money at any time by giving 7 days notice
    There are no fees, charges or sales commissions

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/GeneralTemplates/ProductsAndServices.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={77A68EA6-EC32-4482-A6B4-4612E6E7B67D}&NRORIGINALURL=/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/National+Solidarity+Bond/&NRCACHEHINT=Guest#2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

^So if you buy one for E100 at the end of four years its worth E 115?

Do you have to buy these kinds of things in your own country or can you get them in other currencies too or is a residency requirement?

• Advertisement
Advertisement