Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile unlimited phone plan for €49/month - whats the catch?

Options
  • 01-03-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭

Saw this on Silicon Republic this morning and now on the Eircom PR website.
    It sounds far too good to be true IMO, must be a catch?
    “Select Unlimited Talk&Text”, eMobile’s new plan offers the best value talk and text bill pay plan in the entire market. Starting at €49 per month the plan gives customers unlimited calls and texts to any Irish mobile and landline in Ireland.

Currently none of the other mobile operators offer consumers a truly unlimited plan. We are very confident that with our new plan our customers won’t be worried about breaking any limits because there are “no limits”. Our customers have complete freedom to talk and text as much as they want.

Our Select Unlimited Talk&Text plan gives eMobile customers a whopping 45,000 minutes a month to any Irish mobile and landline. This is pretty significant when you take the fact that there are only 44,640 minutes in a 31 day month!

On top of that, we’re giving customers a phenomenal 10,000 texts a month to any mobile network and landline in Ireland. This works out at 322 texts a day! When you consider that the average texter sends 192 texts a month, even champion texters won’t run out of texts with our plan.

True to our word – it really does knock the socks off other bill pay plans in the market. Considering this plan is available for €49 for an eircom customer and €59 for a non eircom customer we think that’s pretty great value!

Eircom PR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

it looks pretty good

O2 do the same thing for €50 a month 18 month contract
    and wiht O2 you get a ''''''''free''''''' iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's €59 for non-eircom customers and then data add-on is extra... Sheen getting duller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

You also need to port to EMOBILE / meteor network, which no offense are the worst for customer care and coverage.

The o2 one is plus vat though so its more like 80 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Looked at the release and its good value. It will lead to a similar plan from the others.

If you'd like it at the lower rate, just port onto a non contract plan or ring their customer service and they'd give you the same plan for porting your number if you insist on it.

Arkslippy wrote: »
    You also need to port to EMOBILE / meteor network, which no offense are the worst for customer care and coverage.

The o2 one is plus vat though so its more like 80 quid.

since when was VAT 60% ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,218 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ongarite wrote: »
    must be a catch?

It's a misprint. It's €89pm

3's one is better at €95pm as it includes all calls to the UK & NI and you can get 19GB of data for tethering included and a free iphone4 or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

3's one is better at €95pm as it includes all calls to the UK & NI and you can get 19GB of data for tethering included and a free iphone4 or similar.

That is one big MISPRINT if it is that.

in the press release it says €9 3-4 times and 59 3-4 times i dont think eircom are so bad that they make 6-8 misprints in a single page

in the press release it says €9 3-4 times and 59 3-4 times i dont think eircom are so bad that they make 6-8 misprints in a single page

If you were 4 billion in debt wouldn't you try anything for a few sales.

If you were 4 billion in debt wouldn't you try anything for a few sales.

if I was 4 billion in debt i'd be standing in front of the next train:p

surely they cant get away with it if they are lying though
    the financial regulator or whoever it is would have something to say about it

• Advertisement

I'd say there is a bit of a misprint in the way sp have worded the article but reading the Eircom press release the offer looks real.
    No sign on the emobile site about the offer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

No misprints, I went through this offer yesterday when I seen it to make sure for myself.Eircom customers pay €49 a month for unlimited calls and texts. Non Eircom pay €59.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Would a meteor customer count as an eircom customer as they are more or less the same company??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

frag420 wrote: »
    Would a meteor customer count as an eircom customer as they are more or less the same company??

Na you'd need an Eircom Account from what I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

with the 12 month contract its €64 or €54 if your an Eircom costumer
    with the 18 month conrtact its €59 or €49 if your an Eircom costumer

basicly €10 discount for being an Eircom costumer
    due to start tomorrow (03/03/2011)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

if i remember it right from irish times the "unlimited" is just marketing. Its limited to thousands of mins and texts :) cant remember how much but its in thousands ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hopefully we can.expect others to.follow suit now?
    Won't be holding my breath though :mad:

Well tbh i wont go near em till they get something reasonably better than i get currently on meteor.

200/200 + 1GB + free calls and texts to meteor for 25 p/m on meteor bill pay lite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

if i remember it right from irish times the "unlimited" is just marketing. Its limited to thousands of mins and texts :) cant remember how much but its in thousands ;)

its like 45,000 min which makes it so if you were on the phone 24/7 you still can't go over the limit hence unlimited, its the same on all networks that have an unlimited plan because no matter what system the network uses, it must have a figure so they just put it at a figure it not possible to break,

on the sms its 10,000 per month so it is possible but unlikely to go over (10,000 is the average number of sms one person sends every 4 years)

uppishhauk wrote: »
    on the sms its 10,000 per month so it is possible but unlikely to go over (10,000 is the average number of sms one person sends every 4 years)

well sms is the problem. if your a part of an organisation and you need to keep 10-100++ constantly informed that 10k texts not gonna last ya long :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

But this is not for an organisation..Its aimed at home/domestic users:

Still, even if your not an eircom customer, still looks to be good value

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/compare/

150280.jpg

Lol id never pay more than 30 quid on bill pay plan unless i needed to do alot of business calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

batman2000 wrote: »
    But this is not for an organisation..Its aimed at home/domestic users:

Still, even if your not an eircom customer, still looks to be good value

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/compare/

150280.jpg

99 cent per day for 50mb of data, so 30 euro per month for data and its only a little bit per day. Good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    99 cent per day for 50mb of data, so 30 euro per month for data and its only a little bit per day. Good luck with that.
    That's the rate without an add-on.

With an add-on:
    €9.99 for 1GB.
    €14.99 for 10GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Upptowngirl

It is excellent value..€49 if you are an Eircom customer and €59 if you are not an Eircom customer for an 18 month contract. 45,000 mins and 10,000 texts per month.. Class. Think its the best on the market at the minute.. Lots of phones available free on the plan... Well worth investigating..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

It is excellent value..€49 if you are an Eircom customer and €59 if you are not an Eircom customer for an 18 month contract. 45,000 mins and 10,000 texts per month.. Class. Think its the best on the market at the minute.. Lots of phones available free on the plan... Well worth investigating..

And you work for E-Mobile:rolleyes::D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

It would be 69/74 Euro for me, with data as a non-Eircom customer. Quite an attractive offer. The comparable offer on 3 is 90 Euro. Unsurprisingly o2 offer nothing comparable. Nor do Vodafone, although their roaming product is really quite good.
    It's defiantly the best post-pay offer on the market at the moment, Voda, and o2 especially, are looking increasingly uncompeditive.
    Lol id never pay more than 30 quid on bill pay plan unless i needed to do alot of business calls.

I have a serious issue with this statement. It's utterly pointless being on a "cheap" tariff if you go over the number of calls and/or texts in your allowance. You might be paying 60+ euro per month, every month. I've seen it time and again. It's all about matching the usage and tariffs and getting the best deal. Not the cheapest possible tariff, which are usually bad value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Upptowngirl

And you work for E-Mobile:rolleyes::D:confused:

I was taking info from previous posts.... I assume you read them?? No need to be confused, it is quite a good offer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

id jump at this offer if i could be sure of a decent reception , i get the impression that E - mobile coverage is quite poor compared to vodafone etc , i live in rural ireland and i have trouble getting a signal with vodafone some times let alone the likes of E mobile

• Advertisement

bd250110 wrote: »
    I have a serious issue with this statement. It's utterly pointless being on a "cheap" tariff if you go over the number of calls and/or texts in your allowance. You might be paying 60+ euro per month, every month. I've seen it time and again. It's all about matching the usage and tariffs and getting the best deal. Not the cheapest possible tariff, which are usually bad value.

Well that never really happens :) ive had an issue with this in last BP cause didnt have free texts and calls to meteor. Now that i got it i can guarantee you i wont go over calls or texts. Only time i went over Meteor bill i paid 38 euro instead of 30.
    irishh_bob wrote: »
    id jump at this offer if i could be sure of a decent reception , i get the impression that E - mobile coverage is quite poor compared to vodafone etc , i live in rural ireland and i have trouble getting a signal with vodafone some times let alone the likes of E mobile

You would be surprised :) Ive got better coverage with Meteor in Dublin city centre than with Vodafone. Down the country side i see no difference in the area i live in. They all seem the same.

It really depends on the location. All networks have bad and good spots. There is no superior one.

Advertisement