Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile unlimited phone plan for €49/month - whats the catch?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Meteor's coverage is quite poor in 'rural' areas like Nenagh and Roscrea in Tipperary. I don't think they even have 3g coverage in Nenagh. So pointless getting a smartphone really.
    Was with them before so I know what there coverage is like and if you go to really rural areas the coverage is usually piss poor for just calls so can't imagine what the 3g data is like.
    Still if your in a good coverage area, and you plan on staying there the majority of the time, it's a good offer for the price.

No iPhone though, wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Meteor's coverage is quite poor in 'rural' areas like Nenagh and Roscrea in Tipperary. I don't think they even have 3g coverage in Nenagh. So pointless getting a smartphone really.
    Was with them before so I know what there coverage is like and if you go to really rural areas the coverage is usually piss poor for just calls so can't imagine what the 3g data is like.
    Still if your in a good coverage area, and you plan on staying there the majority of the time, it's a good offer for the price.

Idk i have good 3G coverage the whole way from Dublin up to about Mullingar. So as said before it varies for every network and not just meteor. Even though 3G isnt available everywhere meteor have a very good edge coverage which works fine for apps and light web browsing.

They have stated a long time ago that their sticking to Android line up for their high end phones. Who wants the iPhone? :)

Ive tethered my phone to internet though the laptop and through a Three USB stick and always got faster internet speeds in 3G area with meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I have fine coverage in Nenagh, as does my mother. I get 3G in spots, out near the Springfort Mall place, but it's certainly not widespread. Out near Springfort, internet speeds are much faster than Vodafone, which was falling back to GPRS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,218 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They have stated a long time ago that their sticking to Android line up for their high end phones. Who wants the iPhone? :)

Ive tethered my phone to internet though the laptop and through a Three USB stick and always got faster internet speeds in 3G area with meteor.

About 50 million people wanted iphone:P, You don't choose not to stock iPhone, Apple choose not to supply you. All the other networks have Android/Apple but they all have at least reasonable 3G coverage.
    Meteor haven't much of a 3G network and I doubt they will be allowed iphone until that changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

FWIW, where I work/commute I find Meteor's coverage to be as good if not better than the other networks. It gives by far the best speed where I live too.
    It all depends on where you'll be using your phone I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

About 50 million people wanted iphone:P, You don't choose not to stock iPhone, Apple choose not to supply you. All the other networks have Android/Apple but they all have at least reasonable 3G coverage.
    Meteor haven't much of a 3G network and I doubt they will be allowed iphone until that changes.

Well if a person wants one so badly they can always get one in Apple store and hop a micro sim into it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

currently on a 100 min per mth plan for 29 quid with vodafone , rang them the other day and told them i wanted to leave , they immedietley doubled my minutes to 200 per month for the same price plan

currently , im having fun trying to buy a 2nd hand iphone or blackberry , one of the advantages of a rescession is that you can be a real mean bastard when it comes to buying stuff , as far as im concerned , even an item was never used , if its 2nd hand , its half price and no more , some phone owners seem to believe its enought to knock 50 quid of a 250 quid phone

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

ongarite wrote: »
    Saw this on Silicon Republic this morning and now on the Eircom PR website.
    It sounds far too good to be true IMO, must be a catch?

Eircom PR

they need t offer thoses prices because their non existent customer service, their dishonesty and blatant lies.

in july 2011 When i first moved to emobile, I started to receive phone calls that were intended for a business man from the other side of the country.... believing they were speaking to the correct persons answer machine, i was receiving personal voice mails from friends, accountants etc etc intend for someone else.... they basically gave me his number!!! and with this i knew all about his business, his financial status, his customers......

march 2012, and despite countless phone calls, registered letters, emails, everyday there is just another lie..... 7 months after requesting a copy of my contract, they supplied me with a request to my number, along with vodafone terms and conditions!!!!! still cant figure that one out, but they insist i have been sent the correct information !!!!

The constant lies by staff, managers, supervisors is endless, the only thing that appears to be certain is that another lie is only a phone call away....

when they are caught out with lie after lie, they just terminate the call....

the only advise i could give anyone is run amile from emobile, and make sure you tell anyone you know the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

What I love about 3, is that they don't give you a set number of texts, I don't send many texts so pointless giving me a few hundred when I don't use them..

What puts me off about e-mobile is that their ad's make me cringe!! :eek: I spend about 40.66 per month with three and I can't fault it one single bit!

• Advertisement
Advertisement