Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone willing to explain something to me?

• 01-03-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

When an announcer call a 3-2-4 play for a double play what does he mean?

Is there frequently used combo's such as 3-2-4 or 3-5-1 etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

6-4-3 is the most common I'd say, i.e. shortstop to 2nd baseman to first baseman. 4-6-3 is quite common too.

The reason I'm saying so is that my Mets seem to hit into an awful lot of them and I get sick of hearing 6-4-3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The Munky wrote: »
    When an announcer call a 3-2-4 play for a double play what does he mean?

Is there frequently used combo's such as 3-2-4 or 3-5-1 etc?

The numbers refer to the players on the field and who they threw too.

3-2-4 is 1st baseman to catcher to 2nd base, which is an interesting double play, probably a tag at home and a tag at second.

As Jack says 6-4-3 is much more common, getting the runner coming to 2nd out then the batter running to 1st. This would be standard. You want to have a good reason to risk trying to getting an out at 3rd or Home when the easier out is to take the force to 1st (ie the batter). You may do this if you have to ensure they don't score (ie you are in last inning)

baseball-positions.jpg

Advertisement