Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of tattoo

Options
  • 01-03-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

picture.php?albumid=1613&pictureid=8882
    First time poster in this section so hello all.

I got a tattoo a few years that I really want to change. It was a drunk moment and I dont even know what it means. Would anyone here have the ability to design some to cover over what is already there. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

(Its on the back of my ankle btw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

you'd be better off going to a few tattoo studios and ask an artist directly

or at least put up some pics of it

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jackblack99

Sorry, I was trying to add the picture but you beat me to it. Its added there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

Sorry, I was trying to add the picture but you beat me to it. Its added there now.

No it's not.

starling. wrote: »
    No it's not.

I can see it anyway.

no pic !!!!!

• Advertisement

I dont know. I tried doing it again there.

I dont know. I tried doing it again there.

upload the pic here http://wthax.org/

and post the link

that worked :D

yeah any self respecting tattooist would be able to cover it up very easily

Thanks for the help on that. Would you have any suggestions what to cover it with cause Im not sure what to go for at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say to think very carefully about what you want, without picking a specific design. That way you can give the tattoo artist an idea of what you would like and they can design something to cover the existing tattoo with.

The cover up will obviously have to be bigger and more intricate than the existing tattoo to break up the lines of it. As it's plain black it may be more difficult too. Put a lot of time and thought into the general idea of what you want and what style this time to ensure you end up with something you like! :)

Thanks for the help on that. Would you have any suggestions what to cover it with cause Im not sure what to go for at all.

over the summer i'm getting my right foot/calf done
    and i took a design and amended it (but i cant find it now):o
    the original one was similar to this
    arm-tribal-tattoo2011.jpg&sa=X&ei=yg1tTc3dFoOxhQeyuK2RDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4PA&usg=AFQjCNHawiB-ZPFMEQ9qRFshV2P6a0g9Hw

but odviously reshaped and redrawn for use on me
    i'll have a proper look in a minute and see if i can find my one

here's another nice one tribal-dolphin-tattoo.jpg&sa=X&ei=0A1tTauROoSGhQfQwZ2RDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4cw&usg=AFQjCNHPsz89RDY6u3zFZsgjnAH-aesvUA

over the summer i'm getting my right foot/calf done
    and i took a design and amended it (but i cant find it now):o
    the original one was similar to this
    arm-tribal-tattoo2011.jpg&sa=X&ei=yg1tTc3dFoOxhQeyuK2RDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4PA&usg=AFQjCNHawiB-ZPFMEQ9qRFshV2P6a0g9Hw

but odviously reshaped and redrawn for use on me
    i'll have a proper look in a minute and see if i can find my one

here's another nice one tribal-dolphin-tattoo.jpg&sa=X&ei=0A1tTauROoSGhQfQwZ2RDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4cw&usg=AFQjCNHPsz89RDY6u3zFZsgjnAH-aesvUA

That one is really cool, goes abit too far up but the design is savage. Thanks for the idea.

i found my ''original''
    it'll be changed around a lot and it'll be extended up as far as my knee and down as far as my big toe
    and stretch around to the front of my shin

but any way it'll give you a few ideas

Screenshot_15.png

@ reverenddave

That is probably exactly what I am looking for. Perfect size and all. It would have to be changed slighly to suit my lines but it wouldnt be far off. Cheers :cool::cool:

Advertisement