Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living near Clanbrassil Street

Options
  • 01-03-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi, I'm looking for a place to move to in the city centre and found somewhere just off lower clanbrassil street that looks nice. However, I don't know dublin city very well and don't know whether it's a nice area to live.

I've also been considering Ranelagh but it's quite expensive and haven't found quite what I'm looking for there. Although I've heard it's a lovely place to live.

Any info would be great. Or suggestions of nice places to live close to stephen's green where my work is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

tulipi wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for a place to move to in the city centre and found somewhere just off lower clanbrassil street that looks nice. However, I don't know dublin city very well and don't know whether it's a nice area to live.

I've also been considering Ranelagh but it's quite expensive and haven't found quite what I'm looking for there. Although I've heard it's a lovely place to live.

Any info would be great. Or suggestions of nice places to live close to stephen's green where my work is.

Clanbrassil Street isn't too bad - if the place is nice you're looking at, go for it. Its only a short walk into town & you're near everything. Ranelagh is fabulous - but you'll be paying a lot extra!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I presume you're taking about the Blackpitts area? That's a great little area!

You're really close to town, only about a 10 minute walk to Camden Steeet.

There are great little pubs around there too: Nash's (if it's still open, I haven't been in a while) and Fallons (great pint!).

In terms of shops, you're really close to Thomas Street and Meath Street for some awesome bargains. Also, this little gem is right beside you:
    http://www.dublinfood.coop/

It's a great area :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

cosmic wrote: »
    There are great little pubs around there too: Nash's (if it's still open, I haven't been in a while)

Nash's is closed - headed up there for a few pints just before christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cosmic wrote: »
    I presume you're taking about the Blackpitts area? That's a great little area!

You're really close to town, only about a 10 minute walk to Camden Steeet.

There are great little pubs around there too: Nash's (if it's still open, I haven't been in a while) and Fallons (great pint!).

In terms of shops, you're really close to Thomas Street and Meath Street for some awesome bargains. Also, this little gem is right beside you:
    http://www.dublinfood.coop/

It's a great area :D

+1 to the above. Everything you need is close, plenty of take aways and the likes up at Leonards Corner, etc...
    irishbird wrote: »

Closed over 2 years if not more, closed down when I was back in school

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm only working in this area, but will find loads of nice and decent people down there.

For example the 'Fast Fit' Garage when your car breaks down, or Londis with their nice Hot Deli or Phelan's Pharmacy...even if the owner supports ManUnited ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

it's a great place to live!

all the little arabic/indian shops along clanbrassil street are brilliant, lots of fresh fruit and veg and lovely meat at amazing prices!

it's such a short hop to town, you could cycle to work in 10mins!!

best of luck in your new home, i hope you really enjoy the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

irishbird wrote: »
    Closed over 2 years if not more, closed down when I was back in school

Oh that's a shame. I was only thinking though that I was there recently enough - had a proper think though and it turns out it was actually 3 years ago! That time flew by :o

Still got Fallons though, OP, it's a nice little spot. I was there last week so I'm 100% sure it's open!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tulipi

Thanks for all the replies. Everything sounds good! Hope I get the place now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Raindropper

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I'm only working in this area, but will find loads of nice and decent people down there.

For example the 'Fast Fit' Garage when your car breaks down, or Londis with their nice Hot Deli or Phelan's Pharmacy...even if the owner supports ManUnited ;)

Martin is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Martin is that you?

No. but can ask Martin, if he remembers a Liverpool supporter from Germany called Lars ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement