Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting Homevision - post back equipment?!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Did the arrival of a postage paid envelope and refund suddenly qualify you to dismantle the equipment Grumpypants :D?

lol should have added that the envelope was for the modem they sent a guy to get the stuff off the roof, but it still did the trick !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Just to keep you updated, they've pulled my service for bill arrears.
    homevision wrote:
    (via text on 10/3/2011@1:40pm) Your a/c is currently in arrears. To avoid potential suspension of services please call us today
    I responded immediately:
    zulu wrote:
    (via text on 10/3/2011@1:41pm) Please issue final invoice via email as I don't have access to the website. Thanks.
    In terms of background, the bill are only available online from their website. I can't access the website for some reason. I rang previously in relation to this but their support have yet to resolve the issue.
    homevision wrote:
    (via text on 16/3/2011@12:14pm) Due to arrears on your account your service has been suspended. Please arrange payment today & avoid reconnection fees today.
    I got that last text as I was composing:
    To whom it may concern,
    on the 10th of March, I received a text message notification that my account was in arrears. I responded requesting a final invoice to be issues via email. I have yet to receive either an e-mail or a response. Can you please issue the invoice so I can clear the account?

Please note, I do not have access to the webpage, so I'll require an e-mail response. I have contacted your customer care on this issue previously & you were unable to resolve the problem.

Kind regards,
    Zulu.

PS: I've just received a text message advising me that my service has been suspended. As I'm still awaiting an invoice detailing the outstanding charges, I expect the service to be resumed until the 1st of April.

So I got an invoice from them today. It's for the month of April. Clowns.

Here's my responce:
    To whom it may concern & Mr. Crowley,

thank you for finally e-mailing an invoice, however, this invoice is for the period 1/4/2011 to 30/4/2011. I've already issued you a months notice for canceling my account on the 1st of April, so I do not expect to be invoiced for this period. Please revise the invoice & correct accordingly.
    Please detail the period of billing accurately.

Please note that I still have no service.
    I expect that I will be fully refunded for each day you've removed service. I calculate that I should receive a refund of €2.83 per day you've stopped service, inclusive (this is calculated at €87.63 (monthly bill) /31 (days in March). You discontinued service on the 16th, so the current refund should equate to €19.81 (€2.83*7), assuming service continues today.

I expect the updated invoice to reflect this refund.

Sincerely,

Surely this is a slip up on their behalf? Can they cut your service without issueing you an invoice, or detailing how much you own?

They've responded with:
    homevision wrote:
    To: Zulu
    Cc: billing@homevision.ie; terry.crowley@3playplus.ie
    Sent: Tue, March 22, 2011 11:56:38 AM
    Subject: Re: Fw: HomeVision Bill (Re: Cancel account: ****)

Dear Zulu,

This invoice dated & generated on March 21st is correct at the time of print. It is sent automatically to you as part of our scheduled batch email run to all customers as part of our FREE convenient invoicing notification service. You will not receive a final invoice from HomeVision until such time as your HomeVision services & contract are fully completed with us. We acknowledge your 30 days written notification for termination of your HomeVision services is up to & including April 1st 2011.

However, we also await your decision in respect of our equipment which may have an impact on your final invoice as already outlined to you previously. Our equipment needs to be returned to us within 14 days of your service ending i.e. April 15th at the latest. Your final invoice will be generated & sent to you a few days after this date & will reflect all your services & charges accrued on your HomeVision account including any credit that may be due.

Currently you have no service from HomeVision as you have chosen not to pay your HomeVision invoice issued on February 18th 2011. The service is available and will be immediately restored once full payment is received. There will be no refund issued - As per the terms & conditions of your contract, we have the right to suspend your services if you do not pay your bill on the date specified on the bill. Please call us to arrange payment at your convenience on freephone 1800944555 Billing option 3.

Regards,
    HomeVision Customer Care
    And my response:
    Zulu wrote:
    Dear Mr. Crowley & "Care",
    I'd like to remind you that while I was notified via SMS that an amount was due, I replied requesting that amount in order to pay it. Homevision choose not to inform me how much was outstanding, and cut off my account. It is basic business practice to provide a customer with an invoice for outstanding fees. Is it not a prerequisite to issue an invoice prior to removing service?
    If it is not, can you please direct me to where in the terms and conditions this is detailed? Please be advised that I will not be paying for a service that has not been provided, so I would expect that the difference will be deducted from the invoice for the month of March.

I have yet to receive an invoice for the amount in arrears.

I'm surprised to hear that you are waiting for me to make a decision on the return of your equipment. I have been clear in my previous emails (in particular please refer to the email send on the 3rd of March)*, and as you haven't indicated which option you'd prefer for the return of the equipment, I've understood that you choose to collect the equipment yourselves as per:

*("I note that you didn't choose a preference in your previous communication. In the interests of clarity, I would urge you to make a selection by COB Friday 4th of March. In the event that no preference is selected by Homevision, I will assume you wish to proceed with option 3, where "You can collect the equipment from the premises you delivered it to". Please note that you may be libel to a nominal administration fee of €50 with this option")

Sincerly
    Zulu

Advertisement