Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank ICB report???

Options
  • 01-03-2011 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi there,

My partner requested his credit report last week.

We got it today and its blank except to say that BOI checked it! He has an ongoing loan with them for the past couple of years which never had a missed payment and we also have a Littlewoods Ireland account which also never missed a payment, in fact was nearly always payed in full.

When i checked the ICB website, they had a sample report which had examples of a loan with every month having a tick or x which meant payments made or missed. I thought there would be something like this on his?

We are applying for a mortgage so am wondering now does this look really bad that there is absolutely nothing on the report??

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Check with BOI to see if they registered the loan or something like that, unusual to have a bank loan and not to appear on icb

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

Thanks for reply, checked with BOI and they said they only report to ICB if there are missed payments.

Bit of a pain as a blank report doesn't look good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

jc11 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply, checked with BOI and they said they only report to ICB if there are missed payments.

Bit of a pain as a blank report doesn't look good!!

Doesnt seem right to me, I have a mortgage which shows on ICB, I also had a hire purchase car loan, this also appeared on ICB as did credit cards. I have never missed a payment on any of these so by BOIs reckoning none of these should show on report.. seems incorrect to me! All showed up and all had records going back approx 12 months, showing payments being made. In light of recent events I wouldn't believe everything BOI say!:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Should still be on icb if u had missed payments of not, how it works for a lender is they check ur record on a loan and they see a 000000 for each instalmemt, if there is a missed it would read 010000 etc when lender checks icb he should also be able to see balance etc of the loan, so strange its not on icb, wat could happen also is that his record could be attached to someone else i.e. someone with same name as him, check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Should still be on icb if u had missed payments of not, how it works for a lender is they check ur record on a loan and they see a 000000 for each instalmemt, if there is a missed it would read 010000 etc when lender checks icb he should also be able to see balance etc of the loan, so strange its not on icb, wat could happen also is that his record could be attached to someone else i.e. someone with same name as him, check it out

Or they couldve run the report with the wrong date of birth. I used to run a lot of ICB's and one report with one date of birth could bring up a few different borrowers.

By the way OP, you can back up your application by providing statements for the loan showing it is up to date, also Littlewoods can provide a letter to state you are up to date (if they cant provide a statement).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

Thanks guys, yeah I think its strange too.

It did say on the report that BOI checked the report in jan when dp applied for an extension to his loan (not sure of correct term for this, he basically borrowed another 1500 ontop of ongoing car loan).

Yes we included his loan statement and a Littlewoods loan statement too.

Thanks again:)

Advertisement