Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Mobile - still no data

Options
  • 01-03-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

This is a bit of a joke of a network I feel - must be going nearly 6 months now and they still have no data

Got a free simcard but have long since thrown it in the bin

Hilarious that they keep posting news of iPhones and Android tablets on their Facebook page when you can't even use them properly on their network

Seems like a very amateur effort

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

They finally got data and it's free until April 30th 2011 check out all the info here :http://www.justmobile.ie/why-us/surf-4-free
    Opt-in to our JUST RIGHT plan by topping up €18 a month and text the word JUSTRIGHT to 087 377 1818

Wonder how fast it is, since they say they are limiting the speed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I dug out the free sim card I got from just mobile there ages ago (it came with 20quid free credit that i 4got to use!), and stuck it in my Samsung europa, and entered the new APN they have on their website, and its working now! I always have 3g turned off with my prepay o2 sim so don't know what to judge the speed off, but its certainly wayy slower then the wifi at home (not that I expected it to be as quick!).

Even still, I might port over to them for now, considering I have the free 20quid credit, and free internet is sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Think this was the only way they could get market share, and I hope it works (even if the delay in launching doesn't instill me with confidence)

When I loved abroad my mobile was €15 a month for 2gb internet, 1000 texts and 60 mins of calls - if it was feasible to launch that here it would gain half of the prepay market I would imagine

And it was Belgium, on an MVNO - so not like a massive population was making it much more worthwile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I tried it in 2 phones and it wouldnt connect?maybe I have to top it up since I havnt put any credit in it since they sent me out the sim a few months ago

Advertisement