Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

council housing help!!!

Options
  • 01-03-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi i was just wonder if anyone could help as i cant get through to my local council office, i have been on the council housing list for 3 years, but need a council house urgently, i was wondering if the council are obliged to offer me a house if the need for it is urgent enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It would depend if your definition of Urgent would be similar enough to theirs to bump you up the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

RedXIV wrote: »
    It would depend if your definition of Urgent would be similar enough to theirs to bump you up the list.

+ 1 the only way you can answer that question is to go in and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 annon26

thanks for the reply, would not being able to afford the rent anymore due to circumstances beyond your control meaning that 4 kids and yourself would be homeless be a good of enough reason for them?

annon26 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, would not being able to afford the rent anymore due to circumstances beyond your control meaning that 4 kids and yourself would be homeless be a good of enough reason for them?

Honestly, you'll have to go in and talk to them. You should see if you can arrange a meeting with your local CWO as well for financial aid

im gonna have to go in to them in the morning, its the CWO fault that im in this mess :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Again we can't answer that you need to speak with someone at council. Each local authority draws up its own rules for deciding order of priority on the waiting list.

im gonna have to go in to them in the morning, its the CWO fault that im in this mess :mad:

And I wouldn't go in with that attitude either....chances are it'll only go against you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

You can get advice from centrecare ,or threshold, see www.threshold.ie, they help tenants deal with various problems and give advice in regard to private or council accomodation .

thanks for all the replys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Squirm

I have worked with numerous (too many to give a precise number) of women with children who have gone on the homeless registrar and had to avail of homelessness services, when they found themselves unable to rent or unable to bridge the gap between their RA and actual rent. So while I can't speak about your situation, I can say that your circumstances don't automatically entitle you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement