Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo info?

Options
  • 01-03-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey so I'm wanting to get my first tattoo. Angel wings on the full length of my back. There's reasons behind this and why its so big as my first but I wont go into that.
    What I want to know is where ye at boards suggest I should go?
    What price range I'm looking at? I'm currently thinking 400-500 but thats just a quick quote from my mates...
    How long will it take?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Hey so I'm wanting to get my first tattoo. Angel wings on the full length of my back. There's reasons behind this and why its so big as my first but I wont go into that.
    What price range I'm looking at? I'm currently thinking 400-500 but thats just a quick quote from my mates...
    How long will it take?

Thanks
    M

It's impossible for anyone to gauge. It depends on size and detail, some shops charge per hour, some per piece, call into a few studios to get an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Something that big could take 2-3 sittings of a few hours per sitting. I know someone with a big back tattoo and it took 2 or 3 sitting of 4-5 hours each time so depends on how much detail you want. Again, depending on the time it takes, it could be a few hundred quid more than what you're thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

How long will it take?

Thanks
    M

Hey I am not an artist but have a few tattoos myself.

Depending on the kind of detail you want in the wings etc.. I would probably think it would be slightly more expensive than you have budgeted so far. But it really depends on what you are looking for though.

As regards where best to go, again it depends on what you want yourself. have a look at the various artist portfolios around (most have them online) and pick a few artists and have a chat with them and then go with what you think is best.

For what it's worth, mine have be done in Snakebite and I can't recommend that place highly enough. I am very happy with all the work I've had done there and the quality of service provided as well.

Best of Luck.

Advertisement