Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Informing dole office of days worked when on JSB

• 01-03-2011 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I've been claiming JSB for a few weeks now. I've picked up a couple of days work because of the election - 2 days last week and one on the weekend just gone. Are you supposed to inform your local social welfare office every time you work, or can you let 2 or 3 weeks build up and then go in and tell them.

When I asked about it when I first made my claim the woman I talked to seemed pretty blasé about letting them know, and made it seem that you could come in when it suited you. My local office is almost 20 miles away so if I was to go every time I got a days work it would be quite the journey - in fact it would nearly put you off taking the work.

So my question is - will I get into trouble for not going in last week to say I had worked 2 days? I have every intention of letting them know, I just thought it made more sense to let a few days build up and then tell them. I won't be working these days every week, it was just a one off.

Is there any other way of letting them know you've worked a day here and there, or do you just have to go in and tell them every time? Like I said, when the office is far away, it would nearly put you off taking a days work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Phone them or write to them. They have no problem with anyone working, but they might get upset if they find out without you telling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mittensmcl

Thanks for that Victor. I think I'll just go in tomorrow and tell them about the 3 days work. I've also got 2 days work next week so maybe they'll make note of that and I won't have to go back in next week. I have no more work lined up after that.

This is my first time ever signing on, so I'm not sure how it works. Someone told me that you have to get a form signed by your employer and bring it into the social welfare office. Is this right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

That is correct if you are on JS Allowance anyway. Not sure if benefit is different.

You will be asked to fill out a SW form stating hours working, rate of pay etc.

Advertisement