Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If you're not in a hurry, wait until sandy bridge is sorted. The i5-2500K is a much better choice.

12GB of RAM is absolutely uncessary for games.

The hard drive is a weak point. Consider a small SSD for OS as well or choose a faster drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

much better case them 1200 are horrible for cable management and airflow imho
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?adp=0&aid=36698&agid=632&apop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

massy086 wrote: »
    much better case them 1200 are horrible for cable management and airflow imho
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?adp=0&aid=36698&agid=632&apop=1

love both the haf x and the antec 1200 but the antec is perfectly fine for cable management if your using a modular psu which he has chosen but if it was a non-modular psu then it's completely out of the question.

Monotype is right BTW 12GB is way too mcuh 6GB is more than enough for gaming and anything else really so better off getting a 6GB kit and buy a better CPU Fan don't trust cheaper fans for 1366 i7's unless it's the artic cooling freezer 7.
    As for waiting for sandybridge I see no point cause the 1366 is only slightly behind it and imho it's the only socket type to that has the true i7 procs even tho the 1156 and 1155 i7's are still amazing espiecally the 2600k but I honestly see no point in waiting around for them where there still are amazing cpu's on the market.

Epid: PS I just added your sleceted components to hwvs basket and I think you got your total wrong because it came up on mine at €1133.23 =S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Since the OP said that time was not a priority, Sandy bridge is worth waiting for.
    The 2500K beats the 940 in nearly every test on anandtech. Pair that with the fact that the 1366 is more power hungry and hotter. The newer tech, high overclocks and longer lifespan (as in before it's discontinued) for the 1155 platform is also more attractive.
    The advantages of triple channel RAM and higher crossfire/SLI bandwidth on the 1366 is hardly worth it, IMO. If you want hyperthreading, get a 2600K.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

:eek: :eek:

Thats dear bro!

Also agree 12gb RAM is crazy and defo get a 120 SSD for your OS and main programs / games you want installed and keep the TB for music / movies.....

And i think you might be better off going for a more powerful PSU say a 700watt or sumin on the lines

Also have you looked on overclockers for parts they do some amzing bundles that come already overclocked and work a treat!

LinKy : http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-030-OB&groupid=43&catid=339&subcat=1801

Still think your gonna be spending way too much, like i'd just go for a overclocked i3 bundle or sumin but whatevs thats just me :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement