Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot connect to the internet on my upc router, only 'local'

• 01-03-2011 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I am typing from my phone atm. Basically I cant connect to the internet. First I turned off my router for 30 seconds and turned it on, no result.

I then reset the router but no success. My last go was leaving off the router for 2 minutes. When it turned it back on I had to reenter my router name and access number.

The router still is not connecting to the internet, only local. What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I think the problem its on UPC's side, I'm in the city center and it's not working for me either this evening. Hopefully won't take them forever to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

im in glanmire and have been on to vodaphone twice mine not connecting a lot 4 times already this week my hubby reckons the signal weak as the green bar goes so far and then disconnects ,wonder is there something going on with all the systems??? Vodaphone had NO excuse at all , great service huh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

And I'm back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

CorkMan wrote: »
    I am typing from my phone atm. Basically I cant connect to the internet. First I turned off my router for 30 seconds and turned it on, no result.

I then reset the router but no success. My last go was leaving off the router for 2 minutes. When it turned it back on I had to reenter my router name and access number.

The router still is not connecting to the internet, only local. What can I do?

Did you try connecting your computer to your router via an ethernet cable??

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

bryaner wrote: »
    thats what vodaphone told me do too .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

bryaner wrote: »

Not this time, but definitely on my checklist next time.

Advertisement