Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents know where your children are?

Options
  • 01-03-2011 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

Hey i was reading something today,it was printed in the Tallaght paper for Dublin.I thought it would be informative for parents as to what is happening.I am sure been around along time.Even though Tallaght i thought better in parenting forum.
    I was shocked at what i read it really is quite frightening.
    http://issuu.com/realissues/docs/tallaght-informer-feb-2011 Link for confirmation.
    I will write a little of what it says is going on.
    An investigation by Tallaght drugs force reveals there are 106 prostitutes operating in dublin 24,with girls as young as 12 being groomed for prostitution.
    The report also raised concerns about the safety of teenagers in the area,According to Gardaí,between 10 and 12 girls in dublin 24 were being groomed for work in the sex trade.
    In one case a man was reputedly offering mobile phones to teenagers in exchange for explicit pictures of themselves.
    One girl was known to be exchanging sex for goods ,in this case new trainers,and there were reports of 12 to 14 year olds exchanging sexy for their drug habits.
    I will however state it says unlike the UK there is little hard evidence of grooming taking place in Ireland.And the average age of working girls is in mid thirties in Ireland.
    They also said to be vigilant with your kids,and not take for granted your child says they are where they say they are.
    I know i would be vigilant are you vigilant with your kids.
    I just read that and i was shocked to see its happening.How do parents miss these things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

As ever talk to your kids about sex and respecting themsevles before someone else does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Sharrow wrote: »
    As ever talk to your kids about sex and respecting themsevles before someone else does.

The problem would be there alot of parents would be shy to speak to their kids about sex or not know how to.True?
    And then there is the kids who are balanced and happy and still can be mislead.
    Hence reason i posted this for parents to be vigilante and check as alot dont.

Advertisement