Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolves Away-Match Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

OMG finish them already!
    Got 3-3 written all over it....

Fcuks sake................ 3-3................ Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That's 3-3 :mad:

All over 3-3 dissapointing game we finally start scoring and forget how to defend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Didn't deserve to win that to be honest but we had plenty chances to put it away. Dunno what Harry was at playing Bale RM and Lennon LM, it made us far too narrow in the final 3rd and clooged things up through the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No less then Wolves deserve. We were awful for almost that entire match. Defence was shockingly bad, and we couldn't string passes together to save our lives.

Pathetic finish from the lads... Fcuking hell, yeh could swear they were happy with 3-3...:mad: We reallt should have won that today, referee did a lot for us too in not sending Hutton off and the goal. The sooner King gets back the better, shocking defending today, heard he's back training so that's good news for the run in. Hutton was disgraceful, I'd nearly go with Gallas at RB and Bassong CB midweek after that performance.

Anyways, bring on Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Pity we didn't hold out for the win but in a lot of ways we were lucky today,Hutton should have stayed whereever he was for the last few weeks,he's a disaster lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Probably a decent point in hindsight, at what has been a bogey ground for us in recent seasons. Great to have Bale back and he looked like he hasn't missed a beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lord, I thought we looked shaky as fcuk at the back today. Gomes was very poor for the first goal, and was lucky for the disallowed goal.

Defend like that on Wed and it wont be too straight forward.

Fair Play JD, 2 good goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Wheres Kaboul, and when is he back? Wouldn't mind him being RB from now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

No more then Wolves deserved TBH(I can't believe they are not a mid table team).

I thought when we went 2-1 up we'd be on easy street. Very disappointed.

Only good thing is that Defoe looked lethal and if we get him to even 80% back his best we'll be in with a big shout with VDV, Bale, Lennon and Ledley back.

Burry these Git's on Wednesday now is the next one and hopefully meet Barca in the next round :)

Think Kaboul is still a week or two away

Think Kaboul is still a week or two away
    We need him back big time, RB is turning into a major weakness for us. I can see Milan targeting that area like mad on Wednesday. Really wish we hadn't given Walker to Villa for the rest of the season, smashing player. Future England RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Shocking defanding at times.
    Pretty obvious that the outfield players have no confidence in Gomes at all anymore.
    We were all screaming for Hutton to be reinstated in the team a week ago but jayzus he was brutal today.
    Gallas had a shocker in the 2nd half.
    Several players lucky to get away with yellow cards or less at times.
    Pav was very disppointing, he touch was shoocking.

Glad to see Defoe score obviously.
    Expect him to knock in a abg full between now and end of season.
    If only that shot that hit the post late in 2nd half had of gone in.
    Pienear did pretty well.
    BAE solid
    Wtf Bale on the right and Lennon on the left ... think Harry did that to confuse the Milan scouts in attendence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

bae, good game, but didnt even jump off the ground to contest the header that they equalised from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

kaboul is badly needed to play right back again (even though he isnt a RB by trade)

huttons time at the lane has come to an end hopefully. he is grand going forward (not excellent but grand) but the mans brain is the size of a pea when it comes to defending. time and time and time again his man gets goal side of him from crosses, this is a cardinal sin when playing right back but it happens again and again with him.

id play palacious back there ahead of him at this stage

i normally never question harry but i think his selection was poor yesterday , especially playing luca on the wing, he looked lost out there and wanted to come in all the time to play centre. why was bale and lennon on the wrong wings??? why did he bring on an attacking midfielder in niko when we were defending a lead (why not palacious?)

i would have started with lennon on right, pieenar on left , luca and sandro in midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mushykeogh wrote: »
    bae, good game, but didnt even jump off the ground to contest the header that they equalised from.

dawson was up for this so i can understand why bae wouldnt jump then, he would only be getting in the way when daws goes for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

mickman wrote: »
    dawson was up for this so i can understand why bae wouldnt jump then, he would only be getting in the way when daws goes for it
    Daws jumped with his man, bae didnt jump with his.
    P.s. Just watched this again, Dawson was about 1 metre in front of fletcher, bae was right beside fletcher, his jump wouldnt have put daws off but could definitely have disrupted fletcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Although he could've jumped, I don't think BAE could've done much as he was behind Fletcher - you can see him flinch as though Fletcher had missed the ball. Not much we can do about this now, hopefully they're more up for Wednesday night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I didn't even realise modric was playing wing because he drifted inside that much.

Bizarre selection to say the least

Good point about bringing on Palicios instead of Kranjaer when we were leading.

Advertisement