Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Phone up North

Options
  • 01-03-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Im going up North soon enough, I wouldnt mind a new phone im on Meteor network and the prices of some of the good phones are around 400 to 500euro. Does anyone know of a good smart phone I could buy up north and unlock easy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Generally not going to be any cheaper up there unless you sign up to a contract

One to look at is the Orange San Franciso, but it is a £99 phone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Are CPW stocking it again? I know all the CPW stores in Belfast don't stock it. I am very impressed with ZTE Blade running Froyo 2.3 Its not quiet iPhone, but hell of a lot cheaper and a lot lighter. I think you just cannot beat it for price and functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Not in stock in Newry according to online check.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Are they easy to unlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

Generally not going to be any cheaper up there unless you sign up to a contract

One to look at is the Orange San Franciso, but it is a £99 phone

+100
    Vain wrote: »
    Are they easy to unlock?

Very.
    I bought a code from ebay for £1, but there are loads of sites that profess to do it for free.
    Check this article
    http://www.itproportal.com/2010/11/17/unlock-orange-san-francisco-smartphone-free/

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

+100

Very.
    I bought a code from ebay for £1, but there are loads of sites that profess to do it for free.
    Check this article
    http://www.itproportal.com/2010/11/17/unlock-orange-san-francisco-smartphone-free/

Oh! You paid to get the unlock code when there's a public and freely available code unlocker available on blade.modaco.com.... hmmmm.... :rolleyes:

Advertisement