Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street lighting mayo

Options
  • 01-03-2011 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

In my estate the street light outside my house isn't working, it's very eerie at night without it. I was wondering who is responsible for changing the bulb, is it the builder or the county council, who should i contact?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

This is a big problem nationwide. Developers hand over finished estates for the council to maintain, Is the estate finished? Who maintains the green areas, they're most likely responsible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Yes it's a finished estate, but the builder himself comes & mows the green area and all that. Might give him a buzz & see what the story is-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

C-J wrote: »
    Yes it's a finished estate, but the builder himself comes & mows the green area and all that. Might give him a buzz & see what the story is-

finished yes , but not handed over so, as if it was handed over, the council would mow the green areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The Council won't take it until they're absolutely satisfied its finished, which leaves lots of the country with a catch 22 situation, the council were only too happy to give out planning permission absolutely anywhere, even on flood plains and riverbanks :eek: There are lots of half finished abandoned areas in estates, the council will never take these over, they should be forced to accept some responsibility for giving permission for more houses than needed in these areas. The council have badly failed the people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The Council won't take it until they're absolutely satisfied its finished, which leaves lots of the country with a catch 22 situation, the council were only too happy to give out planning permission absolutely anywhere, even on flood plains and riverbanks :eek: There are lots of half finished abandoned areas in estates, the council will never take these over, they should be forced to accept some responsibility for giving permission for more houses than needed in these areas. The council have badly failed the people

but the builders often wont build the last house they have planning for, i have no idea why though.

therefore the council can never take over the estate.

Manor Village still has not been taken over by the council.

• Advertisement
Advertisement