Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shots Fired??

Options
  • 01-03-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

Anybody else in Casltletroy just hear what sounded like a series of gunshots, about 10 or 12. At first I though was fireworks or something but, really sounded like gunshots the timing also didn't sound like fireworks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

I hear what sounds like gunshots all the time in castletroy! think tis probably just fireworks though or cars backfiring. Then again though it is limerick city we're in so you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Fairly sure it was fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'm guessing must have been fireworks as no sirens yet.

But really didn't sound like any fireworks of heard before, none of that kinda crackle you get, just a series of bangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

It could have been a car backfiring, there was a thread in the Limerick forum a few weeks back about a similar thing and it turned out to be a car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

I hear what sounds like gunshots all the time in castletroy! think tis probably just fireworks though or cars backfiring. Then again though it is limerick city we're in so you never know!

I think your mistaken.

It is a grey area though, the vote constituency is Limerick City but the County Council deal with roadworks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Das limrick cittaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

There is rumors Ashley Cole drove by around that time... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

cruizer101 wrote: »
    I'm guessing must have been fireworks as no sirens yet.

But really didn't sound like any fireworks of heard before, none of that kinda crackle you get, just a series of bangs.

There are fireworks called Blackcats. They are just a little cardboard tube with black powder inside and a fuse. (they are the ones that take your hand off because you have to hold them to light them)

They sound like a shotgun when the explode, no fizz, just a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

Ya i'm sure we'd have heard by now if there were shots fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭brucechan

Stupid comment from Booyawkashaa.

Amazed the Moderators didn't edit it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement