Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parachuting in Cork?

Options
  • 01-03-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to do a first time tandem skydive, in Cork if possible. Had a quick google and came up with this site:

www.skydivingincork.com

Has anyone used them before? They seem a bit dodgy to me, given that there's no details of price or location!

cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭tweedledee

dont bother,shoot down to the south of france in the summer,its cheap enough,if u have time and money go to states or south africa,south africa the lessons and jump time are cheap cause of the ~Rand~;)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Thanks for the advice Tweedledee,

unfortunately France/South Africa wouldn't be an option due to *ahem* budgetary restraints.

We're going on honeymoon in Thailand next week and was hoping to fit parachuting in as we've always wanted to do it. Unfortunately there's no skydiving available over there in a location handy for us. We're heading to Cork for a week after Thailand before we have to go back to work and was hoping to surprise herself when we're there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Dublin579 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking to do a first time tandem skydive, in Cork if possible. Had a quick google and came up with this site:

www.skydivingincork.com

Has anyone used them before? They seem a bit dodgy to me, given that there's no details of price or location!

cheers in advance

you will notice that they dont actually say were in cork they are on that website and i can tell you for a fact they are using pictures that were not taken in ireland(the plane in the pictures is a dehavilland twin otter and there are none of them flying jumpers in ireland)

i wouldn't be suprised if you find a website for each county set up by this ireland skydiving network crowd.

check out skydive ireland or the irish parachute club, this website is more then likely put up by one of them (probably skydive ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I can safely say neither the IPC or Skydive Ireland have anything to do with those links. Tandem skydive in Kilkenny may be responsible as they have similar taglines and they only work out of Kilkenny. No one skydives in Cork. It's seems it's a bit of a cheeky attempt to sell vouchers. If you check out the site apparently there's a skydiving school in every town and county in Ireland. The IPC operate out of Offaly, Skydive Ireland in Birr, Co Offaly and are also operating out of Galway airport this year with days in Kerry, Sligo and Waterford.

Steer clear of that website.

Advertisement