Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plug question

Options
  • 01-03-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

just wondering how long do you have to wait to stretch a piercing after its been pierced(ear lobe) have one lobe stretched and want to get the other one but i havnt even pierced that lobe yet

thanks
    derek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

A few months is recommended. I was. Lucky that I didn't get a blow out cos I didn't bother waiting the recomended amount of time. Obviously I was lucky and others are not so lucky so your best off taking your time

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dbmauser

will indeed,thanks.have seen some nasty blow outs and the surrgery done to fix it *vomit*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

also another plug question, moving from regular plugs to flared, how to put them in, they must be tapered in? or can they just slot in, ive tried putting in them in myself but cant. ill just go back to shop an ask them to taper in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Large gauge jewellery for lobes usually comes either with no flare, single flare, or double flare.

No flared and single flared are suitable for stretching, while double flared are for healed lobes only. So in answer to your question :) they should slot in presuming your ears are comfortable at their current size. I wouldn't force them in as the trauma will just agitate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Ive been at my current size for over a month, they should slot in but i tried for ages and it was too bloody awkward. so i gave up. Should i wait and try again or can i just get them to taper it in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

They must be a bigger size than what you are at so

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Check both the diameter of the flare and the plug. Usually, the flare is around 1mm larger than the plug size eg 10mm plug, 11mm flare etc. I have however come across plugs with a flare more than 2mm larger. When you're at 20mm this is a bit of a discomfort, however when you're at 7 or 8mm, its bloody sore and a pain in the wotsits too!

Advertisement