Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self build insurance cover

Options
  • 01-03-2011 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

HI All

Just looking for a bit of advice. We are considering taking out self build insurance for our build. we have had several quotes from different companies, form €1099 to €2500. one of my main concerns is that they cover most things except the scaffolding which has to be erected by a certified fully insured scaffolding company, which will cost a lot more than renting our scaffolding ourselves. also with the insurance every has to have a safepass.
    another thing is that the house is not very high and that the only scaffolding required is on the two gables so the plasterers have told me.
    if we do not take the insurance out, we have to make sure that everybody has their own insurance, which our solicitor has stated that often people will show an insurance cert but may not have been paying their premiums.

Does anybody have any advice on this area as i am in two minds of which way to go?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Completely unrelated to the insurance you will more than likely need scaffold for the roof as well.

Advertisement