Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop/netbook cooler mat

Options
  • 01-03-2011 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I use my netbook a lot while lazing in bed but I recon it may now be the best for it as the vents are blocked off and overheating may be an issue. I see argos have a cooling mat wit two mini fans in the form of a mat that may be a solution.

Any ideads / reccommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the best thing to do is open it up and clean out the fan as it blocks up from the fibres from the bed and carpet
    check youtube for your model and how to get at the fan

i bought the Zalman ZM-NC1500 off Amazon as it got good reviews

it is cool to the touch when i take it off and is quiet which is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭TheDietShop.ie

Thanks for reply, I have a samgsung nc10.The fan must be well overworked. That Zalman looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

didn't see that you had a netbook as that cooler is designed for a 15" so may be a bit big for your needs unless it is not going to be moved much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I had a laptop which I stupidly used to sit on the duvet when I read in bed. It started to overheat just like you. You should have seen the amount of fluff 'n fibres which accumulated inside it when it was opened up :eek:

What I use now is a laptop tray. One of those ones with the beanbag underneath so they sit nicely on your lap. I saw a load of them in Heatons recently but you can get them anywhere. Alternatively, a bog standard lap tray, again with the beanbag under them and a wooden lip around the edge would do either. You can get them anywhere.

Advertisement