Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Two wireless routers

Options
  • 01-03-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

i have a Netgear wgr614v9 and a wnr1000v2

Basically the wnr1000 is downstairs connected to the modem,

How can i connect the wgr 614v9 from upstairs wirelessly to it?? i have my pc and xbox connected to the wgr614...

i have been messing around with them to no avail.. ive tried using the wgr614 as a repeater, but the WNR1000 says Link Status disconnected,under wireless repeating in router status

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Depending on what the routers support, you can try either WDS or client bridge mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

I've been doing something very similiar recently. Your best bet is using a router flashed with dd-wrt firmware. Looking here though, neither of the modems you have support the firmware yet: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

I also know from experience that the WGR614v9 isnt best equiped to be used in this kind of setup. I had one of these myself (standard upc yoke) and binned it. The other one might be ok though, but you may need to pick up a second router for the job.

Have a browse around that site and see what modems are compatable. I picked up a D LinK dir 300 for €30 and it's doing the job perfectly for me. (after a bit of hassle) :)

Advertisement