Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McAlinden's

Options
  • 01-03-2011 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hi there,
    anyone got any tales about mc.alindens old bar in dominick st.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What sort of tales are you after?

It used to be that singing a song in there would get you barred, but there is now new management: I'm told it's run by the son of a (now deceased) man who's name is still on a bar/hotel in Eyre Square.

Despite it being an old man's pub, there are a few women who go there. There's a pool table in the back, near the women's toilets .. and the other week a sign went up saying that any man found using the women's toilets will be barred from the pool table for life. (Not the pub mind, just the table ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Feck ya JM. You have my head addled now. Only family hotel on The Square I can think of still has a 'reasonably' alive owner.

I like the barring notice though :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Cathal only ran Garveys, his deceased brother Frank was the original owner. Assuming thats who we are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

hi there,
    anyone got any tales about mc.alindens old bar in dominick st.

Why do you want to know, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

vague thread is vague

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 silverdoctor

jerry the previous owner (now deceased)was a relation of mine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Have been meaning to check this place out for a number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

An old favourite of mine but haven't been in it in a while. It reminds me of what pubs used to be like.

It's popular with locals and normally has a bit of an older crowd. They usually have betting slips from the bookie's next door at the bar too for those of us who like a flutter....:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement