Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting Digital TV to 3 TVs

• 01-03-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

I have looked through lots of details for the new digital TV that is being rolled out.(Saorview)
    I cannot see any information about connecting more than one TV.
    Presently my analogue TVs have a booster from the aerial and divided to 3 TVs which allows the TVs to tune to separate channels, I assume I can do the same with Digital TV if I put a Set Top Box at each TV, and that the booster will still operate. Can anyone please enlighten me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

DanWall wrote: »
    I have looked through lots of details for the new digital TV that is being rolled out.(Saorview)
    I cannot see any information about connecting more than one TV.
    Presently my analogue TVs have a booster from the aerial and divided to 3 TVs which allows the TVs to tune to separate channels, I assume I can do the same with Digital TV if I put a Set Top Box at each TV, and that the booster will still operate. Can anyone please enlighten me.

You are correct in part about using one Saorview enabled "box" for each TV however you may not be able to receive the new channels from "UPC" and could require a classic "rabbits ears".

Saorview list an MHEG5 compatible receiver to be used for there new system.

Sol

Advertisement