Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft Raft Race

Options
  • 01-03-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Trim Canoe Club will host their 5th annual Daft Raft Race again this St Patrick’s Day at 1.30pm. Application forms can be picked up from Matchbox on Emmet St. All application forms must be returned to the organisers before March 7th as space is limited. The entrance fee this year is 20 euro per person and the winning teams of the 2 man event and the 4 man event will receive a cheque for 100 euro and a donation for 100 euro to a charity of their choice. There will also be prizes for the best dressed raft and the titanic award (first to sink). See you on the river! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Froggy7

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Froggy7 wrote: »

Nice video, I see one of my photos made it into it somehow. Would have liked to have been asked. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Froggy7

PauloMN wrote: »
    Nice video, I see one of my photos made it into it somehow. Would have liked to have been asked. :mad:

Dear Paulo,

I made the video for a bit of fun and also to give a bit of help to the volunteers of Trim Canoe Club to raise awareness about the event. I did not at any time wish to infringe on any copyright that may exist on any of the shots. A member just gave me 3 CDs of all the photos that had been given to the club the previous years. (a lot of them were also taken by myself)

I want to make clear that there is no profit attached to video.

However, I would happily remove your shot if you do not wish to see it feature (just PM me the one in question). I could also, if you prefer, credit you in the video description, as I did for Susie Dwyer who made herself known to me as soon as she saw it online.

All the best,

D.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

No problem at all, I'm delighted the photo was used actually, it's just I think it is courteous to ask first, that's all. It's the shot at 1:35 in (this one).

Like I say, it's a nice video for a great event and fair play to you for putting the effort in to compile it. Might be a little late now, but have you asked Meath Co. Co. to put it up on their website?
    http://www.meath.ie/Tourism/EventsFestivalsandNews/Name,40925,en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

So how did it go this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

18 Rafts this year. Weather was good. I enjoyed it, especially the mayhem at the start. As usual, it went too fast.
    Roll on next year!

Advertisement