Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Type one diabetics!! How many carbs do you eat a day!

Options
  • 01-03-2011 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I normally get through about 150-200g or 15-20 exchange/cps in a day. But I am trying to loose weight and have been trying to get this down to about 80 a day. Im just wondering how many carbs you guys get through.

If it helps Im female, 5'8 and a depressing 75kg (at the min!!:P)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd be getting through 250 a day depending on what I'm up to and how peckish I get. I'm also about 75kg last time I checked, but 6'2" and do a lot of running as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I just roughly added up a typical days worth of carbs and i get through around 200/250 i'd say. I'm 6'2" and weigh 75Kg. I commute on my bicycle every day, and i don't hang around when i'm on the bike either!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

On average I eat 145 - 155grams of Carb per day. I'm also female, 5"4 and weigh about 72kgs.

I feel that I couldn't eat any less than that so for me to shift a few pounds will be to increase my exercise. At the moment I"m doing a 30 min walk in the mornings but its not enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I haven't even thought about carbs for about 20 years! I eat a balanced diet, do blood tests and leave it at that.

Weight isn't an issue though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd say about 200g / 20CP per day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

graflynn wrote: »
    At the moment I"m doing a 30 min walk in the mornings but its not enough.
    But it is a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

mike65 wrote: »
    I haven't even thought about carbs for about 20 years! I eat a balanced diet, do blood tests and leave it at that.

Weight isn't an issue though.

Same for me. Have no idea how many carbs I eat a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Hey guys - I've created a single "chat" thread for all the diabetics for any topics of conversation that don't fit in the existing threads.

Dont feel you *have* to post all diabetic stuff in this thread, but if you're worried about going off topic in one of the other threads, hack away here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70953505

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Thanks guys that a great help.

Im not sure lowering my carbs is a good idea! I havnt had any hypos but this morning my friends where really worried as I was shaking and I mean really uncontrollably shaking!! :confused:
    It was the strangest thing! my bloods where 10.3 so definitely not a blood sugar issue and I wasnt cold or outside. We where in a cafe so I got my self a wrap and have been fine since then.

Advertisement